Can't believe the price on this bag!

KimTX

O.G.
Mar 19, 2013
I can't understand how anyone would pay this price for this particular bag. Do you see what I see? That is such a crooked lock! And the bag is $1,880 brand new. This bag is $815 over retail and defective. SMH. What am I missing here? Am I seeing this right?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-03-10 at 2.55.52 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-03-10 at 2.55.52 PM.png
    608.8 KB · Views: 2,488
Yeah I've seen a lot like that when we were looking for a monogram Pochette Metis for my mom; none of them were under the retail price. We got lucky and managed to find one that was just a little above the retail price and looked really good, but most bag were just like this one: extremely expensive and had some faults. (and lets not talk about the price on the "like new" PM bags that people put up for sale)

Someone will want one badly enough to pay it; they must think they can achieve that price. I have a perfect Reverse Pochette Metis so it might be worth asking for a quote on it (I don't want to sell it but would be interested to see what they offered on it!)

If anyone was around for the release of the MC bags in 2003 then they were selling very quickly for triple their retail price on eBay! People were snatching them up.

Wow! That’s even more than the leather version.
Maybe they marked it up so high so that when it doesn’t sell and they start marking it down they’ll still get almost retail.
It will sell. It’s a wanted bag that you have to wait for. We live in an instant society - people do not like to wait any more.

I have seen a LOT of mark-ups on the bags that are selling out quick and hard to get. I saw a Favorite MM for like $1,260. I understand people are going to pay what they're willing to pay, but I am not about to pay MORE for a used bag. I will just (impatiently) wait until LV gets it back in stock.

They have to make a profit and those bags will get marked down if they don’t sell. The seller probably got very close to retail so I’m sure they aren’t complaining. Or the price is high because it’s a consignment bag. Supply and demand, that’s not even close to the crazy eBay markups for Supreme items.

I'm not so much shocked at Fashionphile for trying to make a buck, I'm more astounded that someone would buy a defective bag at all, much less at that price. The bag is brand new. For whatever reason, the original owner couldn't, or didn't want to, return her defective bag, where LV should have destroyed it.

I'm with Banana, I'll wait for a bag before paying over retail. But beyond that, I wouldn't pay anything for a defective bag.

It will sell. It’s a wanted bag that you have to wait for. We live in an instant society - people do not like to wait any more.
In my original post that you quoted, I didn’t say that it wouldn’t sell. I believe that it will sell, eventually. They have 5 ranging in price between $2300 and $2700, I simply stated that this one may have been marked higher so that when they do start discounting it they will still make a profit by selling it close to retail.

WOW! you should see some of the things on EBAY! An empreinte key pouch in Rose Ballerine which had been used a bit sold for their asking price of $990! They were $515 AUD when I bought one new, just goes to show if someone wants something bad enough ..