Can't afford diamond studs - for alternative, would Swarovski...

lynette3

O.G.
Oct 5, 2010
Last edited:
CZ's are better than crystal.

But Swarovski make beautiful items....well-made too. I've had some of mine for over 20 years and they haven't tarnished, fallen apart or changed colour.

i bought CZ that are identical to diamonds on ebay. i believe the seller is jeweler to the stars.
i would not go with the quartz on amazon for $70
if you keep an eye out at macys sales, i got gorgeous .50 studs for $249 only.

Check out the diamonique line at QVC.com. Very nice cz studs in sterling, gold or even epiphany (platinum over sterling). I have the Tacori bloom stud earrings in epiphany and they have held up very well over the years.

i personally wouldn't want fake diamonds at all, i would much rather go without them completely before i bought fake. but that's my personal preference.

have you ever considered going to a pawn shop? you would be surprised with what kind of deals you can get and immediately bring them to a jeweler to polish up and believe me, they'll look brand new. most pawn shops offer layaway as well.

just because it's a pawn shop, doesn't mean they sell fake diamonds. they're in it for the money as well and they all have diamond testers to ensure that what they're buying (and ultimately selling) are real.

just something to consider.

check out this thread i started a while ago and see the pawn shop reveals.

http://forum.purseblog.com/the-jewe...s-photos-your-pawn-shop-treasures-494221.html

It's not so much fake diamonds, as just another sparkly stone. That is more affordable.
Swarovski jewelry is popular and pretty and not sold as substitutes for diamonds.

Me personally, I would not shop for jewelry at a pawn shop. The deals may be good, but I have no interest in second hand items.

I see no problem with buying & wearing good CZ earrings. Good ones have more sparkles than some diamonds.

I, too, do not care for the idea of buying from a pawn shop. It's second hand jewelry or any other item that is there. But that is just me. Each to his/her own.