Cannot get signature conf. To fpo addresses

zippie

Dec 7, 2006
I just went to the PO to ship an item valued at $3000.00 but they said you cannot get a signature confirmation for FPO addresses. Do any of you have any experience shipping expensive items to FPOs? Thanks!

I just went to the PO to ship an item valued at $3000.00 but they said you cannot get a signature confirmation for FPO addresses. Do any of you have any experience shipping expensive items to FPOs? Thanks!

Yes, it is correct. I ship without signature. Both Ebay and Paypal make an exception to signature requirement rule for shipments to military base. It is in their user agreements. You also need to complete a customs form.

Thanks love, but they didn't ask me to fill out a customs form. The items you ship to FPO addresses, are they valued over $250.00 also? This makes me so nervous:sweatdrop:

Thanks love, but they didn't ask me to fill out a customs form. The items you ship to FPO addresses, are they valued over $250.00 also? This makes me so nervous:sweatdrop:

Yes, some are over $250. In fact, most of the items I sell are over $250.
Customs form is a requirement, so you should make sure you have it, or it may come back.

The zip code is California so I don't understand why I need to fill out a customs form but I will ask. Thanks again.

It is need a Custom form because the actual destination is outside the USA.
My husband was with the USAID in Afghanistan (He is not a military but he is a Lawyer with the US Embassy) APO address) for a few years I filled out Custom form every time I shipped out stuff for him. But I also can purchased and printed label with Clic Nd Ship and the custom form was simpler. But I guess it is different if we ship goods for family members.

I have an APO address, and while I've known of some clerks saying that Delivery Confirmation and Signature conformation can't be used... And perhaps its not supposed to be... I also know it can be... I always use DC mailing to myself here. And I've signed for parcels with SC at the pick up counter here as well. After all, its a USPS branch post office.

You mentioned the zipcode being in California, Does the address say something like "Beale AFB, CA" or "FPO / APO, AP / AE / AA" then the zipcode? If its a military instillation IN the USA it does not need a customs form and it most definitely CAN use signature conformation, just as you could with a regular stateside PO Box.

Whether or not an over-seas APO / FPO box can use Signature or DC, depends on the clerk you get and it will require a customs form.

I have an APO address, and while I've known of some clerks saying that Delivery Confirmation and Signature conformation can't be used... And perhaps its not supposed to be... I also know it can be... I always use DC mailing to myself here. And I've signed for parcels with SC at the pick up counter here as well. After all, its a USPS branch post office.

You mentioned the zipcode being in California, Does the address say something like "Beale AFB, CA" or "FPO / APO, AP / AE / AA" then the zipcode? If its a military instillation IN the USA it does not need a customs form and it most definitely CAN use signature conformation, just as you could with a regular stateside PO Box.

Whether or not an over-seas APO / FPO box can use Signature or DC, depends on the clerk you get and it will require a customs form.

It says:
FPO AP 96387

Too often the postal workers don't seem to know what you can or can't get and they are often at odds with what ebay/paypal require.

This is really getting stressful. I just found out that even if I insure it for $3000, it's only insured until the PO hands it off to the military - after that it is not insured. So what the heck happens if it gets lost?

This is really getting stressful. I just found out that even if I insure it for $3000, it's only insured until the PO hands it off to the military - after that it is not insured. So what the heck happens if it gets lost?

Not sure if you were given an accurate information. I don't know for sure, I don't usually insure through a 3rd party or USPS,

Or maybe, you can look into insuring with a 3rd party. I know some sellers use UPIC.