Cannes or Petite Malle Souple

evelyn_132

O.G.
May 31, 2008
Has been eyeing on these 2 styles as I’m looking for black trims LV bag. Petite Malle Souple and Cannes.

Which one you think would less likely go out of style? For the petite malle souple, I initially do not quite like the strap on it but ever I see a video that shows how we could change the strap into the strap from Black neonoe, I took a second look at the bag. Furthermore, the broader black strap could interchange with my MPA.

What you forumers think?

307484BB-34FB-4B8A-8FD8-2295000D4851.jpeg

6B55275E-8F03-4C53-A43A-16AA6D75F2ED.jpeg

I have had both of these. I’ve bought and returned the Cannes bag twice now. Although I love the look of it, I really wanted to be able to wear it crossbody and felt it stuck out too much. so, I probably would have only been able to use it for hand carry. I ended up getting the Vanity PM in its place.

I bought the Petite Malle Souple a couple of weeks ago. I am curvy and find the strap too short for me to use as a crossbody because of where it attaches to the bag. So, I plan to use the strap with my Multi-Pochette instead (which works well for me as a crossbody). This works out perfectly for me, however, since I was planning to buy the black strap on its own when it was released later this month. Since I was planning to buy the strap, and the rumored price is $930, I justify that the Pettite Malle Souple bag only really costs $2000. ;)

I ended up ordering an adjustable black leather crossbody strap from Mautto to use with the Petite Malle Souple.

Last edited:
Just got my petite Malle souple! Fits a lot for an everyday bag. If you’re into the black trim, the mini boite chapeau and Palm Springs is also cute. Having both, I prefer the reverse mono so much more

View attachment 4853038View attachment 4853051

Both bags are so beautiful! did consider the boite chapeau mini in reverse mono but too many mini bags already.

I Guess the reverse mono is more eye catching?

Definitely the reverse mono is more eye catching, but the Cannes as other have mentioned does have a tendency to roll around if worn crossbody, and doesn’t sit nicely and stick up. Many times I have wanted to buy the Cannes, especially in reverse, but at the last minute didn’t. It looks great as a top handle, but as a crossbody imo sticks out too much. On the last time when I was going to buy it, I ended up getting the mini boite chapeau in reverse and love it. Even though my phone doesn’t fit, everything else essential to me fits in nicely. And it is so cute and I always get lots of compliments. Between the two choices you have mentioned I would stay clear from the Cannes and got for the petite Malle souple. The strap would go great with your MPA interchangeably, and the black trim on mono still looks amazing. If you were after the reverse mono print, I would also suggest the vanity pm, mini boite chapea, Palm Springs mini. Me personally I love black trim on mono, and also reverse. The reverse is gorgeous. I wish they would make more reverse. Especially in SLGs. Good luck and let us know how you go

Has been eyeing on these 2 styles as I’m looking for black trims LV bag. Petite Malle Souple and Cannes.

Which one you think would less likely go out of style? For the petite malle souple, I initially do not quite like the strap on it but ever I see a video that shows how we could change the strap into the strap from Black neonoe, I took a second look at the bag. Furthermore, the broader black strap could interchange with my MPA.

What you forumers think?

View attachment 4853015

View attachment 4853017
I too just got my petite Malle souple! I was also debating on the cannes but I saw and read some reviews that made me go with the P.M.S. I think for style, you can't go wrong with a square shaped bag, but lots of people think that eventually the whole "accesories" look will go out of style. I have the pouchette metis and I was thinking of interchanging the straps. The petite Malle Souple fits a lot more than I thought, pretty much all the essentials will be fine. I went with the black trim over the peachy one. I think black is more timeless IMO. The bag has an edge to it, so definitely as of this second it's definitely stylish so far so good, loving wearing it today and got some heads to glance at the bag ❤️

I too just got my petite Malle souple! I was also debating on the cannes but I saw and read some reviews that made me go with the P.M.S. I think for style, you can't go wrong with a square shaped bag, but lots of people think that eventually the whole "accesories" look will go out of style. I have the pouchette metis and I was thinking of interchanging the straps. The petite Malle Souple fits a lot more than I thought, pretty much all the essentials will be fine. I went with the black trim over the peachy one. I think black is more timeless IMO. The bag has an edge to it, so definitely as of this second it's definitely stylish so far so good, loving wearing it today and got some heads to glance at the bag ❤

Thanks for your opinion!

Hope to see how your P.M.S look with your pochette Métis strap.

I have giant cannes, and even though it is bulky, and does roll around, I doubt I will ever let it go. Cannes was around in the 80s, and it was in epi back then. If you want more of a classic look, I would go with an epi cannes. As for the round/vanity style, vanity + structured bags are almost always associated as feminine, and therefore classic, bags. It was much more prevalent in vintage designs, but you can see A LOT of contemporary interpretations/reimaginings today, across many brands. I think reverse cannes can still be a "classic," because there is nothing about it that is overblown or garish.

Structured bags are my favorite, so you can bet I have my eye on box-like bags. Petite malle souple, for me, is an absolute "no." The leather corners and luggage tag are just way too big for the bag's size. It gives the bag a more cartoony + graphic look, which is perfectly suitable for fashion today, but it is a fad element/design. If you absolutely love the bag though, there's nothing wrong with getting it.

I have the lv egg souple (giant egg), which plenty of people view as being obnoxious and extremely short-lived. Personally, I don't care if the egg bag is in fashion or not. I love that it's weird and that's what makes me smile. If staying in fashion is important to you, I would consider how long you tend to keep your bags for. If you keep your bags for 1-2 years, the pms is perfectly fine. If you keep bags for 5-10 years, and want to stay in fashion, I would get cannes.

If you like the idea of box/luggage -type bags but want something more "permanent," I would check out Chanel CC Filigree vanity case, Aspinal of London Trunk bag, Ferragamo Boxyz, and maybe Hunting Season (lots of structured styles, although super simple).

Does the mini boite chapeau fit in card case? I have a recto verso. Not sure if it will fit in?
Recto verso definitely not. Card case can,.. but you have to squish in, which I wouldn’t do, so my answer is no, but I have seen YouTube’s where they squash it in. I have a picture where I posted what fits. Pretty much airpods, hand sanitiser, loose cards, Pouch for coins, mini wipes, mini hand cream and lipstick. Hope that helps. Just my essentials.

Reactions: evelyn_132
I have had both of these. I’ve bought and returned the Cannes bag twice now. Although I love the look of it, I really wanted to be able to wear it crossbody and felt it stuck out too much. so, I probably would have only been able to use it for hand carry. I ended up getting the Vanity PM in its place.

I bought the Petite Malle Souple a couple of weeks ago. I am curvy and find the strap too short for me to use as a crossbody because of where it attaches to the bag. So, I plan to use the strap with my Multi-Pochette instead (which works well for me as a crossbody). This works out perfectly for me, however, since I was planning to buy the black strap on its own when it was released later this month. Since I was planning to buy the strap, and the rumored price is $930, I justify that the Pettite Malle Souple bag only really costs $2000. ;)

I ended up ordering an adjustable black leather crossbody strap from Mautto to use with the Petite Malle Souple.
super delayed on this, but i just got my bag and was wondering what width size you purchased for the Mautto strap? i’m having a hard time deciding on what would look best with the Petite Malle Souple. thank you!!