Candace question

Becca4277

www.petfinder.com
O.G.
Jan 3, 2006
I am on the hunt for a pre-loved Candace. All the ones I see on Ebay look like they have lost their shape a little. For those who have owned Candice's now for a while, is that what happens? Is it the way people take care of them or is it doomed to be a bit droopy?

TIA!!

I am on the hunt for a pre-loved Candace. All the ones I see on Ebay look like they have lost their shape a little. For those who have owned Candice's now for a while, is that what happens? Is it the way people take care of them or is it doomed to be a bit droopy?

TIA!!

I think it just happens. I noticed on mine that one side seemed to form a slouch and that was when I first purchased it and over time it is slightly slouchier but has now seemed to stable. I always stuff it full when storing to prevent any creases that might occur while not in use. Despite that, it's one of my fave bags and am scouring the outlets to find more.

TIA!!

Unfortunately that seems to be an inherent problem with Candace, at least the medium size.....my small Candace's aren't as prone to the 'side slouch'. I keep a purse insert in my bags just for that reason, to prevent the slouchies. Plus, keep them stuffed when not in use.

I'd be more alert to corner wear because a slouch is easier to 'fix'. I bought both my medium Candace's off ebay and coincidentally both sellers were TPF'ers and the bags were in excellent condition....one did have a bit of a slouch on one side, but I didn't let that bother me a bit since I've seen new ones with slouches.

I have been real lucky with my ebay purchases. I have unknowingly bought items from sellers that I later found out were TPF'ers......and all of the TPF'ers items were in excellent condition.

TIA!!

I've had my Candace for about a year (got her new from FP) and I love my girl but she is a bit droopy. I just keep moisturizing her and giving her love. :love:

Yes, I've had my black cherry Candace since February, been carried for probably a couple of months off & on (I rotate my bags). It definitely does have a slight slouch, moreso on one side. I think it is just normal. When I'm carrying it, it isn't visible at all. I keep her stuffed with tissue paper inside the dust bag to maintain shape when not in use.

Yes, I've had my black cherry Candace since February, been carried for probably a couple of months off & on (I rotate my bags). It definitely does have a slight slouch, moreso on one side. I think it is just normal. When I'm carrying it, it isn't visible at all. I keep her stuffed with tissue paper inside the dust bag to maintain shape when not in use.

This really helps, the bag will droop a little over time but if stored correctly it can help reshaping while stored.

I got a mint candace from the outlet, it was the only one they got, and the handles had been folded inside so the top was all bent over. It was 120 so I figured I could overlook the issues. I cut up a cardboard box and made two panels the width of each side but made it a little taller than the side. I put the cardboard under the flap and pushed it in at the bottom so it was wedged flush with the side. As the cardboard was a little taller it forced the leather upright again. It took a few weeks but know I can take the cardboard out and it keeps the shape.

I took the plunge and purchased a NWT's black Candace. It is the newer version with the feet. I am nervous about the leather though; I thought I read that the leather was nicer on the older Candace bags.

Unfortunately that seems to be an inherent problem with Candace, at least the medium size.....my small Candace's aren't as prone to the 'side slouch'. I keep a purse insert in my bags just for that reason, to prevent the slouchies. Plus, keep them stuffed when not in use.

I'd be more alert to corner wear because a slouch is easier to 'fix'. I bought both my medium Candace's off ebay and coincidentally both sellers were TPF'ers and the bags were in excellent condition....one did have a bit of a slouch on one side, but I didn't let that bother me a bit since I've seen new ones with slouches.

I have been real lucky with my ebay purchases. I have unknowingly bought items from sellers that I later found out were TPF'ers......and all of the TPF'ers items were in excellent condition.

Has anyone experienced corner wear with their Candace's? I just keep applying the Apple Guarde Conditioner in hopes that won't become a problem.:smile:

Has anyone experienced corner wear with their Candace's? I just keep applying the Apple Guarde Conditioner in hopes that won't become a problem.:smile:

Since I know corner wear is an inherent problem with Legacy leather, I try to be careful of the corners. I have had a tiny bit on my first Candace, and she was a new, not pre-owned, purchase.

I have since sprayed all of my bags with Apple Garde and gave my Candace bags and legacy accessories an extra coat for good measure. So far I haven't had any more corner wear, but I don't use my bags for work and such as others do. The more you use a bag, the more signs of wear will happen and show.

Anybody have a picture of the drooping? I'm having trouble picturing what you guys mean.

See photo....photo was 'borrowed' from ebay. Notice how the right side has a slump? That's the slouch we're talking about.

Dang! Sorry the photo is so large!

Attachments

• $(KGrHqZ,!qIFJcbh9ydnBS(q9UsQTQ~~60_57.jpg
    $(KGrHqZ,!qIFJcbh9ydnBS(q9UsQTQ~~60_57.jpg
    134.6 KB · Views: 300
I took the plunge and purchased a NWT's black Candace. It is the newer version with the feet. I am nervous about the leather though; I thought I read that the leather was nicer on the older Candace bags.
I found one at the outlets yesterday =) I think mine is the older version because it doesn't have the feet. I love it, I've moved into it already even though I bought it for work. I hope you enjoy yours too =D

Attachments

• IMG_00001126.jpg
    IMG_00001126.jpg
    174.2 KB · Views: 276