Candace: Cognac or Black?

annie11

Aug 5, 2012
I have a black cherry medium Candace in the older style (19890), and am considering another in cognac or black.

Which color would you choose? Sad as it is, I've likely seen the bag in both colors in the FP store, and just didn't pay attention, as I've only recently started to get hooked on the Legacy items. The cognac looks beautiful online, but it seems like the black cherry would coordinate with most of my brown-ish outfits just fine. So, that leads me towards the black.

I've not really been gravitating towards black bags recently, but it would seem quite a universal color for the days that the black cherry would just clash too much. I like the Candace enough that I am likely going to sell most of my Lindseys and use the Candace as my daily/work bag. Since I bought the black cherry Candace, I have not been reaching for the Lindseys at all anymore.

For those of you who own/have seen cognac and black IRL, which would you suggest? Also, which would seem to have a better resale potential? TIA!

I've seen both cognac and black and both are really nice! I think black will always be around but it seems like colors are available for limited periods so if one color grabs you, I say grab it before it's gone.

I have a black cherry medium Candace in the older style (19890), and am considering another in cognac or black.

Which color would you choose? Sad as it is, I've likely seen the bag in both colors in the FP store, and just didn't pay attention, as I've only recently started to get hooked on the Legacy items. The cognac looks beautiful online, but it seems like the black cherry would coordinate with most of my brown-ish outfits just fine. So, that leads me towards the black.

I've not really been gravitating towards black bags recently, but it would seem quite a universal color for the days that the black cherry would just clash too much. I like the Candace enough that I am likely going to sell most of my Lindseys and use the Candace as my daily/work bag. Since I bought the black cherry Candace, I have not been reaching for the Lindseys at all anymore.

For those of you who own/have seen cognac and black IRL, which would you suggest? Also, which would seem to have a better resale potential? TIA!

Since you have a BC, I would go with the black for the same reason. Good luck!

WOW, this is so overwhelmingly leaning towards cognac thus far! My first thought was cognac as well, but then I started thinking that the black would be more universal.

Please keep the votes coming- this is very helpful for me!