cancelling a transaction

Apr 30, 2011
i sold something but USPS lost the item so i did a cancel the transaction but the buyer says that they havent gotten their refund yet. am i supposed to do the refund via paypal or is does ebay do that for you? the buyer is upset and emailed me but it is too late to call ebay right now because they are closed and i would like to resolve this issue ASAP.

any help is appreciated!

You issue the refund from your paypal account.

Go to the "details" on the main pp page. At the bottom of the transaction, there's an "issue refund" button. By default, the pre-filled in amount is the full payment amount, which in this case, is the full amount you'd be refunding.

You have to go into the PayPal invoice related to this transaction (in your PayPal history), hit the "details" button and scroll down until you find the REFUND highlight and then refund them accordingly. It is not automatic, you have to do it.

Did you have the USPS do a full investigation regarding the package? How long has it been since you mailed it and it was lost? What you don't want is to refund too soon and then the USPS finds it and routes it to them--then they get their money and the item. Unless of course, they are honest and send it back or re-send payment.

The refund is done via paypal & after you complete the refund you will
get a e-mail confirming the transaction.

You can then forward that to your buyer & since she is so upset,
you may want to include a note .

Did you have insurance on this item & tracking?? How long has it been?
Your buyer has 45 days to file an INR from date of payment.

If you refund can you still track this package just to make certain the buyer
hasn't received it??

i sold something but USPS lost the item so i did a cancel the transaction but the buyer says that they havent gotten their refund yet. am i supposed to do the refund via paypal or is does ebay do that for you? the buyer is upset and emailed me but it is too late to call ebay right now because they are closed and i would like to resolve this issue ASAP.

any help is appreciated!
When you send the note to the customer, try to talk about your feedback. This is really important on Ebay.