Canceling BB order?

BattahZ

Jul 12, 2009
So my black Sonia tote from the BB sale was supposed to be shipped Monday, but it just got pushed back to 9/2 (like a lot of other people's orders). I called HH and they told me there was a mixup or some kind of change at the factory, so there won't be any of the bags before September (they didn't have any Sonias in stock in any color, she said).

I ordered it because I need something for work, but the $175 I got it for really was a good deal. I'm debating canceling - do you think it would be possible to find something similar in size that I can use for work in the $200 range? A Sonia, Corcovado, Bea, Trophy, etc? Lightly used is ok - I see things popping up from time to time on eBay but I'm not sure what the prices usually settle out at. If shooting for that price is a pie in the sky then maybe I'll keep the order and wait it out.

Thanks!

Hi BattahZ, Welcome!

There's a Cordovan Sonia right now on Bonanzle for $189 OBO (it's a tPF member... she might negotiate down a bit?). The Cordovan is a super-rich dark brown. It's what I thought I was getting last month but it ended up being Brandy (which is okay, but of course now there's a Cordovan one!) Anyway, the Cordovan is a fantastic leather. You could do a LOT worse, and get it a lot sooner than September!

Hayden Harnett Cordovan Sonia Tote - Scottsdale - Bonanzle

Thanks, ladies! I saw the Sonya - I should have added that brown is probably the one color I won't go for, since I never wear brown (looks bad against my skintone) and I think a brown bag wouldn't match the stuff I usually wear.

I found a black crinkle patent cordovan on eBay, and emailed the seller for pics of it (they posted stock photos). How does the crinkle patent look in person? Plasticky, or like nice leather?

Hi Battah, that same seller had a bronze corc with stock photos a few days ago, she promised me additional pix, posted 2 very blurry ones and said she'd send or post more that night, never delivered or posted additional, just kept telling me she would. Seemed very nice, agreed with everything I said about needing pix of the actual bag, etc., but....
Be sure you get more photos before you bid.

BattahZ, the black patent in the Corcovado isn't the "Crinkle Patent" that came in Violet and Tan, it's just a standard patent. I have that bag in the Khaki Patent, and it's great--indestructible.

Indestructible sounds good!! I need this as a work bag, and though I love softer leathers, they tend to get trashed when I use them to schlep around files and things. So a harder patent is probably just the ticket. Thanks for all of the info!

The bag came today! Amazing, the seller just shipped it yesterday. It's really beautiful, and in perfect shape. The patent is really nice, it still feels heavy and like leather, if that makes sense. It's a lovely bag. And I love all the pockets. I can finally keep my metro card, car keys, ID badge, and various Blackberries in separate pockets so they don't demagnetize each other. Bonus!