Cancel winning bidder on auction?

disturbedgirl

My little baby Duke
Jul 11, 2007
I did a search on ebay and on here, but can't figure out how to cancel the winning buyer's bid on my ebay auction. They have less than 15 feedback and some negative too, and I clearly stated in my auction that you MUST have 15 feedback or contact me before bidding. The buyer didn't and now I need to cancel it so I don't get screwed by ebay and the buyer!! Any help would be great!

If she already won, I don't think you can just cancel unless it is by mutual agreement. You have to go through with with the sale when someone has bid and won unless they agree to cancel. You may be able to call ebay and tell them you had certain criteria listed in your auction (less than 15 FB, etc) and the winning bidder didn't have them. That would be for "non-performing buyer" maybe?? Can you post the link here?

I sent a cancel transaction form so hopefully the buyer will agree to cancel the transaction. I do not feel comfortable selling to this person and being out $1400 for boots!! I don't think I can post my own ebay links otherwise I would. Thanks for the help though!

On ebay, go to sitemap - then under selling activities click on "cancel bids on your listing" and you can take care of it from there.
Sorry I missed the part where she was the winning bidder. Disregard this.

If she won't agree to cancel, you can get cited for non-performing seller and she can give you a neg. Her bid should have been cancelled before she won, but she may have bid at the last moment? Don't know the details. I would call ebay if she won't agree to cancel and see if there is anything you can do and how and if you are covered. You might want to risk the neg if it looks like she has really bad FB or something..because if she does a chargeback you will out the boots and the money. If you do end up sending, find out EXACTLY how you are covered by PP and send to PP confirmed address only with SIGNATURE DELIVERY CONFIRMATION and insure. She can still do a SNAD if she is a stinker. Go to www.toolhaus.org to see all her FB if you can't see it on ebay.

Last edited:
She denied the cancel request and sent an echeck through Paypal. I'm pretty sure I'm not protected because she paid that way so I cancelled the echeck payment. She bid with 5 seconds left on the auction so it was impossible for me to cancel it :sad: I'm refusing to send the boots because I don't want to be out so much money.

She denied the cancel request and sent an echeck through Paypal. I'm pretty sure I'm not protected because she paid that way so I cancelled the echeck payment. She bid with 5 seconds left on the auction so it was impossible for me to cancel it :sad: I'm refusing to send the boots because I don't want to be out so much money.
It usually takes a couple of weeks for an e check to clear anyway. About all she can do at this point is report you for non-performing seller and you may get some sort of strike for that. More than a couple of those and your account can be closed. But probably better safe than sorry if you had a bad feeling about this buyer. Be sure and bock her from your bidders list; she might retaliate or bid again if you relist.

why not just sell her the boots? She might actually turn out to be an honest buyer. If she won within the last 5 seconds, she probably saw the boots, got excited, had to bid, and won them. Who has time to read a listing when the auction of something you really want is about to end???

It may actually be alot more drama trying to avoid the sale, then to just complete the transaction. What about it makes you uneasy to sell the boots? The fact that she has less than 15 feedback?? Maybe there are some hidden feedbacks somewhere, and they have tools to where you can see them anyway. I think someone already mentioned one.

Good luck.

Does this buyer have positive feedback for the transactions that she completed?

You may also want to let her know that you will not be shipping out her item

until that e-check clears and that may take 14 business days or so.

She may not be patient enough and may decide to cancel the transaction.

If you don't have a good feeling about this and you are prepared to have a strike

from ebay and perhaps neg feedback.. which is the lesser of two evils being out

the money or not completing the transaction and refunding her e-check?

And she may also turn out to be a honest buyer?