Cancel purchase?

skislope15

O.G.
Aug 11, 2010
Long story short I bought something from a top rated seller for $60, retail was $600 4 days later I get a note saying they can't find the item and it must have been sold weeks ago. I got a cancellation notice today, if I cancel can I still leave feedback? And is that the only was to get my money back? I want my money back obviously but I also feel that leaving neutral feedback is warranted too. Any suggestions, thanks

it might be an honest confusion if the seller sells many items on a daily basis. I had sold a book and foound out on the day of payment I am taking an extra course that still needs the book, buyer was very understanding, I refunded and did not receive neutral/neg feedback :smile:

Funny, we both basically asked the same question within minutes of each other except we are on opposite ends of the sales. People might think you are talking about me as the seller and I am talking about you as the buyer, LOL! Wish we could merge our threads. All we need is for one person to answer either my or your thread and we both have an answer;)

If you agree to the cancellation, you'll still be able to leave feedback.

If the seller doesn't have the item, she should have refunded you already. Your agreeing to the cancellation shouldn't have any bearing on the refund.

I'd be tempted to hold off on the feedback to watch and see if it gets relisted. I wonder whether she's unhappy with the selling price.

BeenBurned said:
If you agree to the cancellation, you'll still be able to leave feedback.

If the seller doesn't have the item, she should have refunded you already. Your agreeing to the cancellation shouldn't have any bearing on the refund.

I'd be tempted to hold off on the feedback to watch and see if it gets relisted. I wonder whether she's unhappy with the selling price.

This is my thought I did a search and couldn't see it sold by the seller in the last few weeks but I have to dig a bit deeper tonight.

This is my thought I did a search and couldn't see it sold by the seller in the last few weeks but I have to dig a bit deeper tonight.

My thoughts were that she didn't already sell it. I'm thinking she's unhappy with the ending price so that's the excuse she gave you. If my suspicion is correct, she'll probably wait a while to relist hoping you won't still be watching.

ETA: I'm sending you a PM. :smile:

Last edited:
eBay has been having automatic relisting issues months after something has sold. I have seen numerous posts on the CAB about it. If your seller seems honest and has good feedback I would go ahead and cancel after the refund. Tell her if she finds it that you want it.

If the seller has one day handling time and can't find the item, she may offer the cancelation because she can't find the item and wants to make sure she has the one day handling time.

The item was sold in December. In this case, the seller isn't making up an excuse. I just don't understand why the seller didn't issue the refund immediately.

It's odd the refund wasn't promptly issued... I had a seller tell me the bag she sold me had been "stolen from her car" and issued me a refund immediately. Her excuse was more than likely BS but she was honest enough to refund me. Something's fishy with this...

Got my refund last night, emailed the seller last night and told them I wouldn't cancel until I received it, they told me it was refunded in the morning already which it wasn't. 10 seconds after I Got it. I'm not going to leave any feedback at this point the item had been sold previously so I'll trust it was an accident however if I see another one show up in the near future I'll be leaving some. Thanks to everyone for there imput