Canard or Bleu Roi City

linera

O.G.
Nov 28, 2009
So I'm ready to buy my first Balenciaga and finally decided on a RH city. Except, I'm not sure about whether to get Canard RH City or Bleu Roi RH City. I almost always wear blue jeans, so I'm scared about color transfer, but I don't think that will happen to either bags because they're both dark enough..

So, which would should I get? :smile:

Canard is darker than Rleu Roi but with the teal tone under it. I personally prefer Canard because I love the teal tone hue which is so unique with depth and a lot of characters.

Linera, how did you ever find a canard rh city? I purchased one recently myself, and lost some sleep and even a few lbs in my fervent quest. I've seen blue roi IRL, and it's quite beautiful. I think that if you're looking for a true royal blue, go for the blue roi. It's brighter than canard. I chose canard because I'm not the biggest fan of true blue bags, but the teal undertones in canard have won over my heart. It's like a dark, very dark teal.

I agree, 2010 Bleu Roi color is very popular this year. I am afraid you are not able to find anywhere. All sold out only if you would consider the Fisrt size....
Love the Bleu Roi color...

I think both bags are dark enough that you will not get blue jean color transfer. I have the canard in a town rh and love it! - at first I thought it was dull until I had it out in the sun and its true mysterious color came out. Very teal but also changeable.
Bleu roi is a nice bright happy blue - if you really love true blues.

I like Canard better than Bleu Roi because I like the teal undertones in it. Blue Roi is lighter than Canard a bit more brighter blue, not a pop color by any means but when compared to Canard it's defiantly the bright one lol. As far as color transfer I don't' really think that would be much of a problem with either of them as they are both pretty dark shades of blue.

i always worry about denim transfer too so i understand lol...i tend to be attracted to darker colors for just this reason.

anyway, i have never seen blue roi in person but it looks gorgeous in pics. i never thought of myself as a teal color person (always kind of hated the color LOL) but there was so much talk about canard, i bought a pre-loved town...I LOVE IT! it is gorgeous! so much depth to the color and it is so unique

that was my long way of saying go for canard :P :biggrin:

I definitely agree with all of the opinions about color variants of Canard - I ♥ it! BR is lovely also, but I think Canard is easier to pair with clothing.

Let us know (& please show) what you choose!

Here's a comparison photo of my Bleu Roi SGH City and Canard SGH City if you haven't had the opportunity to compare them side by side in the store. The colors aren't completely true but very close. Bleu Roi is a dark royal blue and Canard is a dark blue with teal undertones. You can see the teal contrasting whipstitching and piping in the photo. The color of Canard is richer IRL than in the pic.

bleuroicanard004.jpg

Hi I have these comparison pictures of blue roi and canard town. Hopefully these pictures will help you. Generally, the blue roi is brighter and I like it to pair with my darker denim and grey jeans while the canard colour is more wearable and able to pair with more colours as it is more saturated. But then again, pictures are slight difference from irl under different lighting conditions.

comparsionbetwbleuroiandcanard3.jpg

comparisonbleuroi2.jpg

comparisonbleuroiandcanard1.jpg

Here's a comparison photo of my Bleu Roi SGH City and Canard SGH City if you haven't had the opportunity to compare them side by side in the store. The colors aren't completely true but very close. Bleu Roi is a dark royal blue and Canard is a dark blue with teal undertones. You can see the teal contrasting whipstitching and piping in the photo. The color of Canard is richer IRL than in the pic.

bleuroicanard004.jpg

roey your canard sure looks much different from mine. yours lots deeper and darker nearer to officier..;) I wonder.....

For a true blue, go for Bleu Roi. For a blue-green-grey, go for Canard. They are very different. If you can't decide, and you can afford to, then maybe get both?

I've got a RGGH Canard Town (to which I added Deep Sea tassels, as I find it easier to grab tassels than those little leather tags on GH, when I'm in a hurry) and of the two, I use my Canard a whole lot more. It also looks a little greenish under some lights, so I find it to be more versatile than my Bleu Roi - so much so, that I am letting go of my Officier, Marine and Bleu Roi bags, as I just don't use them anymore since acquiring my Canard.