Canadian Winters on LVs

solai

O.G.
Jun 29, 2008
Never thought about it before with my petit bucket because I got it from Let-trade preowned a few years ago, so it didn't "baby" it. But now, with my brand new galliera (which I am very careful with, he he) i am wondering if our Canadian Winters (-30 C) is too cold and not good for the canvas. The canvas, if I remember from previous years, do get hard with the cold. The galliera is so slouchy I wonder if it will crack in the freezing cold when the canvas is always flexing while stiff from the cold. Any Canucks out there with input?

Well, it won't be -30 every day, right? So your bag will be fine. Are you in Calgary? Do you remember the week in January when we had like -50 weather with windchill? I used my LV then. It was fine.

hmmm.....good question ! I guess if you were outside in the -30C for a while it would freeze.....but I dought it would crack, at least i hope it wouldn't? I see a lot of lady's with Monogram bags here and I 've never heard of any problems.I would be worried about a Vernis bag, since it is covered with that coating. I wonder if you used a protector type product on the canvas to keep it subtle and flexible.
I'm sure the people reading this in the sunny ,hot desert climates are wondering how flippen cold does it get there ..hahahahahaha:roflmfao:

Hey, Yeah im in Alberta too, in Edmonton, and I've used LV in the winter, and I havent seen a problem with it cracking.. SO i think u should be fine.

Well, thankfully we have heating and lots of cars... lol. I don't imagine being out in the cold for that long a period for my LV canvas to crack. If so, my ears would probably freeze off first!

Well, it won't be -30 every day, right? So your bag will be fine. Are you in Calgary? Do you remember the week in January when we had like -50 weather with windchill? I used my LV then. It was fine.

Yes Karman, I live in Calgary. I do remember -50 in January!!! Yikes we froze! This coming January though we will be in Disney World and Disney cruise to Cayman island and cosumel, so it will be hot, hot, hot (I hope!)

well I live in Winterpeg and we have those days quite often in January/February and I still use my LV. I try not to use them though if I'm out in the cold for a long period of time only if I'm going in and out of the car, and in and out of buildings/places. Otherwise you'll be fine! no cracking/ripping leather for me!

Never thought about it before with my petit bucket because I got it from Let-trade preowned a few years ago, so it didn't "baby" it. But now, with my brand new galliera (which I am very careful with, he he) i am wondering if our Canadian Winters (-30 C) is too cold and not good for the canvas. The canvas, if I remember from previous years, do get hard with the cold. The galliera is so slouchy I wonder if it will crack in the freezing cold when the canvas is always flexing while stiff from the cold. Any Canucks out there with input?
unless its nice out lv stays indoors, I have a kick around bag (lv) and that one is ok to use everyday regardless of the weather.