Canadian Goyard owners

marymulberry

Sep 4, 2015
Hi all,

I'm looking into purchasing a Saint Louis in 2016. I think I might have to travel to New York to get my bag but if you're in Canada, were you able to get yours through a phone order? If I can save myself the trip, that would be great but then again, who says no to a NYC trip? :P

I thought of getting a LV NF but the Goyard just appeals to me way more. I'm also considering buying preloved so if you have Canada-friendly websites, please let me know.

Thanks!

The price Paris quotes you includes duties and taxes. It was cheaper than buying from the States. When the bag was first delivered, Fedex tried to charge me duties but after some emails with the shipping company, the duties were removed.

The price Paris quotes you includes duties and taxes. It was cheaper than buying from the States. When the bag was first delivered, Fedex tried to charge me duties but after some emails with the shipping company, the duties were removed.

Awesome news! Thank you so much. I was going to go through the NYC boutique but now my plans have changed.

Hello,

All the authorized dealers in NYC ships to Canada. They usually charge a flat shipping of $35-$50 and don't include their state's taxes but you're responsible for your own duties and taxes over the border.
Good luck :smile:

Hi there,
just my two cents: I have both the goyard sl and the neverfull, and I have to say the Goyard is significantly more frail. The coated fabric is very thin, and the pattern is literally painted on. When I wore it outside at -20,-30 the canvas turned very stiff, it felt exactly like a sheet of paper. The handles are also thinner and cracked rather fast. I was afraid to stuff it with my daily things and my gym stuff.

The nevefull is solid and I am very happy with it BUT it is such a popular bag in Toronto. I ended up getting the Kusama edition JUST to have a slightly different version (vain, I know). I also really like the epi ones, especially for work. Also, the mon monogram option is nice to personalize it a little.

So I guess what I am trying to say is that the Goyard is great choice, but I wouldn't count on it to haul my daily life around.

Good luck with your purchase!

Hi there,
just my two cents: I have both the goyard sl and the neverfull, and I have to say the Goyard is significantly more frail. The coated fabric is very thin, and the pattern is literally painted on. When I wore it outside at -20,-30 the canvas turned very stiff, it felt exactly like a sheet of paper. The handles are also thinner and cracked rather fast. I was afraid to stuff it with my daily things and my gym stuff.

The nevefull is solid and I am very happy with it BUT it is such a popular bag in Toronto. I ended up getting the Kusama edition JUST to have a slightly different version (vain, I know). I also really like the epi ones, especially for work. Also, the mon monogram option is nice to personalize it a little.

So I guess what I am trying to say is that the Goyard is great choice, but I wouldn't count on it to haul my daily life around.

Good luck with your purchase!

Thank you for your post, I really appreciate the feedback from a neverfull and SL owner! I try not to carry my canvas items out in the cold too much, and I have heard that the SL is a bit fragile. I was hoping to
get mine as a summer bag but now that I've researched the wear and tear I'm not sure if I want to fork out 1000+$ for a bag that will not outlive my Longchamp le pliage...I considered a NF in DE but I really am not a fan of the red interior. I'll give it some thought but it's really a shame for Goyard since I really do think they look great. Thanks again for your feedback!

Hi all,

I'm looking into purchasing a Saint Louis in 2016. I think I might have to travel to New York to get my bag but if you're in Canada, were you able to get yours through a phone order? If I can save myself the trip, that would be great but then again, who says no to a NYC trip? :P

I thought of getting a LV NF but the Goyard just appeals to me way more. I'm also considering buying preloved so if you have Canada-friendly websites, please let me know.

Thanks!

Hi are you still looking for a Goyard tote? I bought mine from Barneys Boston paid the duties when shipped to Canada. It was cheaper than from NYC.