Canadian gals- is Saks the next Target?

Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. For all the Canadian gals here- is it just me or does Saks royally suck? Is this the next major retail flop like Target's short lived presence here in Canada?

Mind you I have only been to the Saks Fifth Avenue Sherway Gardens location. I have been three times and all 3x times what I was looking for was just not available (trip #1 - pair of Valentino rock studs trip #2- my SIL was looking for a pair of CL trip #3 looking at a Gucci clutch). I wanted to give Saks a try I really did- I love shopping at Saks in the US. The only thing that impressed me even slightly today was there Choo/ Manolo inventory.

I have heard that certain brands / designers have exclusive contracts with Holts and/or David's. So what am I missing?! What does Saks carry that you can't find anywhere else? Am I the only one who feels this way?

2. If you are looking for something specific, I vote you stick to online shopping. Saks is alright, but I don't feel like any retail store ever has what I'm looking for when I'm looking for it.

3. I used to shop online with Saks all the time. Now that the $ has taken a nosedive I'm paying a few hundred dollars more for the exact same product I can find at alternate store whether it's the designer boutique, Holts or David's.

...if it's something not sold in Canada then ya online is still my go to place. I travel a lot for work so I just pick it up elsewhere.