canadian buyer with 0 feedback wants me to send package to Blaine Enterprises

lorrmich

O.G.
Apr 24, 2007
Hi. Seeking the advice of experts. I have something listed on Bonanza. I don't generally ship outside of the US. Buyer with zero feedback contacted me and asked if I would send to a company called Blaine Enterprises and explained that Canadians often use this as an address to ship on-line purchases to, and then cross the border to Washington to pick it up. She claims that someone signs for it and everything. I have never heard of it and of course am probably more worried about the zero feedback. Has anyone ever heard/used this company? Would it show up as a paypal verified address? If it is signed for am I protected? I am inclined to just say no because it sounds complicated but I would also love to sell my bag.

Thanks for your opinions.

I did this once. I sent the item (with UPS) to a mail boxes store. The (Canadian) buyer had this address in Paypal and it showed as "elegible" for seller protection. But a person who worked at the store signed for the package - I don't know if this means you're still protected?! Has this company a website? The one my buyer used had a website so I was able to check whetever they accepted UPS shipments, etc.

I did this once. I sent the item (with UPS) to a mail boxes store. The (Canadian) buyer had this address in Paypal and it showed as "elegible" for seller protection. But a person who worked at the store signed for the package - I don't know if this means you're still protected?! Has this company a website? The one my buyer used had a website so I was able to check whetever they accepted UPS shipments, etc.
Thanks for your response. Yes it has a website. I guess I am paranoid enough not to trust it. After reading so many threads in this forum I suspect all kinds of unscrupulous buyers. I guess I should ask if it is paypal verified.

I use gmail which allows for saving tons of messages. I found that I shipped to that address several years ago without issue. My item was inexpensive and didn't require a signature but got there fine and buyer was happy.

As for protection, if the PP payment shows as "eligible" for seller protection and "okay to ship," you're covered as long as you follow procedure including d.c. and if >$250, s.c.

This was the shipping address I used:
(Buyer's name)
c/o Blaine Enterprises
936 Peace Portal Drive
Blaine, WA

I use a similar one in Detroit to receive my packages and I've never had a problem with it. Your buyer loses there buyer protection if you ship to a forwarding service, ie they can't claim an INR which is good for you. I'd do it

I use a similar one in Detroit to receive my packages and I've never had a problem with it. Your buyer loses there buyer protection if you ship to a forwarding service, ie they can't claim an INR which is good for you. I'd do it
They can still neg the seller though, right?

I think the only way they would lose the ability to neg is if they don't know they lose their BP and file INR. If they lose the case, (effective May 1), they can't leave negative feedback.

They can still neg the seller though, right?

I think the only way they would lose the ability to neg is if they don't know they lose their BP and file INR. If they lose the case, (effective May 1), they can't leave negative feedback.

That seems right. I've never filed an INR before so I don't know for sure

I use gmail which allows for saving tons of messages. I found that I shipped to that address several years ago without issue. My item was inexpensive and didn't require a signature but got there fine and buyer was happy.

As for protection, if the PP payment shows as "eligible" for seller protection and "okay to ship," you're covered as long as you follow procedure including d.c. and if >$250, s.c.

This was the shipping address I used:
(Buyer's name)
c/o Blaine Enterprises
936 Peace Portal Drive
Blaine, WA

Thanks, that makes me feel much better. I was hoping someone here had experience with this company.

Wow, never thought of that. Now that you mention it, it seems like a good situation for me.

Ok thanks everyone, I feel so much better. Figures, now the buyer hasn't responded to my email that I sent this morning to confirm whether it was paypal verified. I'll have to wait and see, but I definitely feel good about completing the sale if she still wants to.