Canada

star3777

Fellow "Passionista"
Nov 20, 2005
Well, Here is my Canadian experience yesterday... Received a call yesterday from LV for the Onattah Perforated HOBO in any color I wanted... I responded to the SA that I wanted the one Giselle has with the flowers on top of it not the perforated version of it.(size BTW, 19.5 x 13.3) BASICALLY, not one is coming to Montreal and 4 were sent to Toronto and are now spoken for. This is the second time I wanted a bag and could not get it simply because they won't send it to Montreal. I called Balharbour in Florida( I will be there in the next 2 weeks) and now I am on the wait list there. I just can't believe that the only LV that gets the collection bags go to Toronto in volume and not ONE comes to MTL. I made a formal complaint to LV yesterday. I can't wait to get to the U.S in the sun!

melisande

O.G.
Jan 20, 2006
How terrible. But how not surprising. Helen should remember to buy all of the bags she wants *before* setting out on any return trips to Canada (!!). So, I guess this answers a lot of my Montreal questions. The main problem is that only one big city is really receiving 'service' -- and so the rest of the population is left to find things (or, more likely, resign themselves to not finding things) on their own. So unfortunate. I'm glad that you're complaining.

helenNZ

O.G.
Jan 8, 2006
:shame: yeah! i need to put a lock on my bank account thats holding my funds at the moment! I must say i can't wait to spend my first xmas in the snow!!! LETS MAKE SNOW ANGELS!!!!:nuts:

Just waiting for twiggy to arrive and then maybe a city then maybe a piece of LV ***sigh*** such big dreams for a small wallet! :shame:

ayla

nyan nyan percent
O.G.
Oct 19, 2005
Toronto, Ontario
star3777 said:
Well, Here is my Canadian experience yesterday... Received a call yesterday from LV for the Onattah Perforated HOBO in any color I wanted... I responded to the SA that I wanted the one Giselle has with the flowers on top of it not the perforated version of it.(size BTW, 19.5 x 13.3) BASICALLY, not one is coming to Montreal and 4 were sent to Toronto and are now spoken for. This is the second time I wanted a bag and could not get it simply because they won't send it to Montreal. I called Balharbour in Florida( I will be there in the next 2 weeks) and now I am on the wait list there. I just can't believe that the only LV that gets the collection bags go to Toronto in volume and not ONE comes to MTL. I made a formal complaint to LV yesterday. I can't wait to get to the U.S in the sun!
That's terrible !! I would complain too.. and hey, next time you really want something, I can always stick my name in for you. Anything for a fellow passionista ! ;)

telicious

Mar 16, 2007
Does anyone have experience with Neiman Marcus shipping to Canada?
What type of postal service do they use and how fast did it get to you? Also, did you get charged with customs on your order?

I just placed my order yesterday and this is my first time with NM! Any help is great, thanks!

babyshingo

O.G.
Jun 15, 2007
My co-worker brought a Lasportsac tokidoki website.
It cost her about CDN$200 with shipping included.

She ended paying another $50 for taxes, customs and broker fees.

telicious

Mar 16, 2007
^ $50!!! I expected it to be much less seeing as the bag is less than $200!
Does anyone know what shipping service they use (eg. UPS, USPS, DHL, FedEx, etc.)?

babyshingo

O.G.
Jun 15, 2007
there's also a cute shop in yorkville (toronto) called augustina (on cumberland). they don't carry high end bags, bu they have bulga, kooba and lauren merkin for sure, maybe others. they try to bring in bags that aren't available elsewhere in canada. in halifax where i am, its hopeless! i just order online, or call holts or buy on trips to toronto or the US.

poor canada, you'd think our population and buying power could support more bag stores...i'd even be happy if eluxury started shipping to canada, it would be a start!
totally agree! please ship to canada eluxury...

cllizzy

Nov 30, 2007
All of my Canadian friends...
Besides Holts, can you recommend other sources for high-end bag buying? Anything new? Any deals you've come across?
In Montreal, you can try Ogilvy, it has such name brands as LV, Burberry, and etc.

In Toronto, there are many boutiques on Bloor street. Also, in Eaton's, Coach was just open in July.

In Vancouver, downtown, around the Fairmont hotel, there are many boutiques or stores. Some of the stores even give discounts. lol

hissyfit

O.G.
May 31, 2006
Ontario
^ $50!!! I expected it to be much less seeing as the bag is less than $200!
Does anyone know what shipping service they use (eg. UPS, USPS, DHL, FedEx, etc.)?
I ordered two Tano bags recently, each under $200. The one, from pulsestl, I paid under $15 for customs because the store marked on the package that the bag was worth $50 (it was actually about $180). For the other, from Luna Boston, I paid $29 because the bag was marked with the amount I paid plus shipping (which was irritating - I shouldn't have to pay customs on shipping).

For Ontario, the customs fee is GST, PST plus a $6 handling charge.

telicious

Mar 16, 2007
I wish stores could mark down prices on the form.
I doubt Neiman Marcus would do that for me! Oh well, I guess this is the downside of buying online - but it is still cheaper than buying them in stores!

hissyfit

O.G.
May 31, 2006
Ontario
Exactly! The bags I bought weren't popular styles, so even if I had bought them from a Toronto shop (where I couldn't have found them) I know they would have cost more. But I was really pleased Pulse marked it down, even though I don't really mind paying more for the benefits we have in Ontario. YNWIM?

At least our dollar is worth more now!