~The SHIPPING from Canada to USA thread~ vat, fees, couriers etc...

Sorry to bump this thread, but I have a couple of questions if that's okay. I just put something on layaway with Fashionphile, and I'm in Ontario as well. I asked if they could ship via USPS because I'm using a PO Box and UPS doesn't deliver to Canada Post PO Boxes, but they assured me that UPS has something called "SurePost" that will allow the package to be transferred over to Canada Post for delivery in Canada. When you received your package, was it delivered by UPS or Canada Post in the end? Also, how does paying the taxes work?

Sorry to bump this thread, but I have a couple of questions if that's okay. I just put something on layaway with Fashionphile, and I'm in Ontario as well. I asked if they could ship via USPS because I'm using a PO Box and UPS doesn't deliver to Canada Post PO Boxes, but they assured me that UPS has something called "SurePost" that will allow the package to be transferred over to Canada Post for delivery in Canada. When you received your package, was it delivered by UPS or Canada Post in the end? Also, how does paying the taxes work?

Hi! Im not too familiar with SurePost but UPS delivered mine. You just pay at the door when you sign for the package. I believe they only accept credit cards no debit. You cant receive your package until you pay any duties/taxes on it. If you arent home when they attempt to delivery it youll have to go to the post address on ur delivery slip. You can pay at that time as well.

Hi! Im not too familiar with SurePost but UPS delivered mine. You just pay at the door when you sign for the package. I believe they only accept credit cards no debit. You cant receive your package until you pay any duties/taxes on it. If you arent home when they attempt to delivery it youll have to go to the post address on ur delivery slip. You can pay at that time as well.

Yes, you'll pay if you declare it...:graucho:

I am interested in buying a bag for abt $1550 USD, but live in Vancouver in Canada. I was thinking of shipping it across the border to a PO Box but not sure if FASHIONPHILE will ship there without a signature. Anyone have any experience with this?

I am interested in buying a bag for abt $1550 USD, but live in Vancouver in Canada. I was thinking of shipping it across the border to a PO Box but not sure if FASHIONPHILE will ship there without a signature. Anyone have any experience with this?
If you use a shipper receiver ( mine is in Blaine) they sign on your behalf. And FP will ship to a shipper receiver. Check out the various companies, I opened an account for free and pay less than $3 CDN for each package I collect there.

Hey, not exactly related to buying on fashionphile. But has anyone from canada sold anything to fashionphile? I'm considering it but want to know if they stick to the quoted price - assuming the quotes are also in USD. Thanks!
I just sold two bags to them and yes, they stuck to their quote but they have the option of revising it if the bag in question doesn't fit your description re: any issues. They sent me a shipping label but it only works from the US so I drove to Blaine and posted my parcel (you have the option of UPS or Fedex). They were quite prompt as well with payment via PP. And yes, the quotes are in USD.

I just sold two bags to them and yes, they stuck to their quote but they have the option of revising it if the bag in question doesn't fit your description re: any issues. They sent me a shipping label but it only works from the US so I drove to Blaine and posted my parcel (you have the option of UPS or Fedex). They were quite prompt as well with payment via PP. And yes, the quotes are in USD.
Thanks so much! OK, I may consider driving to Niagara Falls then - is it okay to put a US Hotel address you think?

Thanks so much! OK, I may consider driving to Niagara Falls then - is it okay to put a US Hotel address you think?
Just open up an account at a shipper/receiver/mail box company, there are several in Blaine so I would imagine they have them in NF as well. I have all of my purchases sent to Blaine and I pick up there. Opening the account was free and it costs under $3 per package when I pick up. That gives me a US address for companies that won't ship to Canada. (Some companies, like Bottega Veneta, won't ship to your US address unless your credit card address matches!). But all of the pre-loved bags I buy land in Blaine.

Reactions: pheebspurse
If it is of EU origin and coming from the EU, it will be duty-free (regular taxes may still apply. Sometimes the CBSA/post office agents just let it go without even applying taxes but that's not official policy.)

If it is of EU origin but coming through another country such as the US, duty and taxes will both apply.

Coming from the US as a Made in US (or Mexico) item, then it will be duties exempt through NAFTA.

Made in anywhere else, duties and taxes will both apply.

<$20 value no duties will apply.