Canada Goose Chat- Anyone Else Love Luxury Winter Coats?

ddchicago85

Mar 14, 2016
I don’t see much talk about Canada Goose parka’s on this forum. I was wondering if anyone else has a love winter jackets as much as me. I started collecting/hoarding Canada Goose parka’s and light weight down jackets 3 years ago. In my current collection I have a navy Langford Parka, black Chateau Parka black label, military green Wyndham Parka, gray Langford Parka, red Lodge Hoody, black Emory Parka, and red/salmon Hybridge Lite Hoody. Having 7 of these coats is excessive I know, and they require a great deal of room to store lol.

But, I love winter coats and always have loved them. I live in Chicago and this winter has been semi mild compared to other winters in terms of temperature. I find most of these coats to actually overheat me and make me extremely hot and under no circumstance can I stroll around a store with one on without billowing heat, yet I love them still lol.

My favorite jacket this season has been the Emory Parka. It’s the perfect length and not overly puffy in a good way making the coat have a slim appearance instead of very puffy/wide.

I have lots of experience dealing with Canada Goose in terms to their warranty and repairs/replacements. They definitely stand behind their product, their process is a bit long winded but most retailers have their own process and CG is not far off. It will take 6-8 weeks for your repair but they will do it. Anyone else love Canada Goose? I’m curious if you too find yourself over heated but still make the choice to wear them lol.

I do love love love the lite weight technical down CG jackets, they are great for the mild days in winter and early spring. I get the most use out of those type of jackets. The lodge hoody is my least favorite, for someone the hood and length just don’t do me any good.

CGCG.jpg
I cant get my pictures to post straight otherwise id post more!

Reactions: Work_For_Purse
Love Canada Goose, so warm and comfy. I finally talked my DH into wearing one and I’ve made a monster-he wants another one:nuts:.
Another Nor-Easter on the way getting really good use this winter season.

Reactions: ddchicago85
Love Canada Goose, so warm and comfy. I finally talked my DH into wearing one and I’ve made a monster-he wants another one:nuts:.
Another Nor-Easter on the way getting really good use this winter season.
hahaha so funny. I was in Philly the past weekend and snow and rain storms out of no where. My friend who lives there says they are getting slammed currently. I know other states in the east are getting slammed very hard but thankfully you can be warm :smile:

I also am curious if anyone likes their short length Canada goose parkas? I have a Wyndham and i love the color but wish i wouldn’t have dabbled with this length lol.

Attachments

• AE9A510C-B84E-43A8-A314-B117DD69ACE6.jpeg
    AE9A510C-B84E-43A8-A314-B117DD69ACE6.jpeg
    160.3 KB · Views: 736
Chicago here (again), and I've had my Langford Parka for a few years now. Love it. Haven't regretted the purchase for a single second, even though it seems that EVERYONE has them now.

I won't wear mine until the temperature dips into the low 30s. I get too warm otherwise, and I have no need to show off that I have an expensive coat. I roll my eyes at the people who wear theirs when it's 60 degrees outside.

I cant muster up the energy to throw on a goose unless its going to be low 30's either and still im overly warm. its just so hit or miss here, not that i enjoy a bitter cold winter but i definitely dont enjoy a winter where i am constantly hot cause of the heat inside and the warm temps outside. I see people wearing CG's in the mild mild weather and i dont know how they can even breathe lol.

I have the Solaris in Navy. I wear it when it’s say 25 degrees or below... I absolutely love it! So worth the $ to be warm & toasty. I hate being cold.

I must be the only one so disappointed by the Canada Goose...I bought the Pembina a few months ago which is supposed to go to -15 F and I was cold in weather 30 degrees warmer :sad: I like the coats a lot but that experience made me wary.

I see people wearing CG's in the mild mild weather and i dont know how they can even breathe lol.

Torontonian here - land of the Canada Goose lol. Everyone wears one in the subway. These parkas don’t come cheap and I suspect those who wear it in warmer weather have only one winter coat and nothing else to accommodate all the temperatures between 10C to -25C.

I don’t own a CG but opt for Soia &Kyo, which I think is just as warm. My husband owns a CG but stopped using once he stopped taking public transportation. He found it too warm in the car and the fur blocked his view while driving. If you live in the city and do a lot of walking I can see owning more than 1. I have 4 down parkas and 2 wool car coats for different temps and situations and I prefer it to many down parkas that are similar in heat retention. That’s my preference.

I don't have any Canada Goose but I'm a big fan of Mackage. I appreciate the functionality of CG but Mackage is more my style and I think it's just as warm!

I have one CG and one Mackage. I thought the CG was warm until I got the Mackage! The Mackage is fur-lined. I am not usually a fan of wearing fur but when the temps get bitter, I am very grateful to have it. I live in New England and hate the cold. I have Raynaud’s syndrome in my hands so the cold feels painful to me. I love the CG for function — love those backpack straps! — but the Mackage is my go-to for really cold days. I also have a Burberry down jacket from the men’s department for when the temps are in the upper 30s or 40s.