can YSL mus

beauxgoris said:
^^I thought the only Muse available for embossing at NM was the oversized verion? I don't recall a large available for personalization?

They don't have the large available to order on the NM website, but I was able to order it from the store. I made sure to ask the SA if it was available on the large size too and she said it was.

Thanks angstofgumby - the large really suited me better. I love the looks of the oversized one but on me it just looked a bit silly. I can't wait for it to get here!

Woohoo, pursemama! Congrats on ordering the Oak! When are u expecting it to arrive? And with your Red pre-order, do you know when approx that will be coming?

Bloemetje, yay! Congrats on getting the choco Muse! Can't wait to see the embossing when you get it:smile:) I have the large choco one as well and would love to have it embossed so if the YSL embossing team ever came to Australia, I'll be all over them, lol!

Pursemama: WOW!!! Congrats on Oak & Red Muses! =)
Bloemetje: Congrats on Larege Chocolate Muse. =)
Janicemph: How did your XL Chocolate Muse go? =)
Laboheme: Congrats on XL Chocolate Muse & welcome to the forum. =)

I finally received the XL Muse and I am carrying it today. The bag is lovely and the leather is soft and fabulous! But it is a pretty large handbag and can get pretty heavy. Those of you who carry the XL do you use it as a tote and carry a purse. What type of things do you put in it? Right now I have a 8x11 planner plus all of my things from my purse. That has made it heavy. I am trying to scale down from carrying so much stuff any suggestions. Need a wallet with alot of credit card slots not for credit cards but for the other extra cards so I can get rid of so many wallets. The verdict is still out whether I should exchange it for a large muse, I am not sure if I would get tired of the XL size.. Overall the bag is gorgeous!. Help me out here!!

I think a 8 x 11 planner sounds like a heavy thing to lug around all day (unless it's a really slim one) - did you carry that in your previous purse?

I carry (in my XL) - wallet, checkbk, sm. makeup bag, small thin planner, summer cotton pashima, gum, small calculator - I think that's it. It's great that it has the size if you need it. You can toss some papers or files in it - knick knacks - but it's not like you have to use up all it's space.
It's my beloved everyday bag.

Why don't you post a photo of you wearing the bag and we can tell you what we think! :smile:

Janice, congratulations on your new bag.

I have both the Large and the Oversized, in various colors, so I can speak from experience of having carried both sizes.

I tend to get more use out of my Large Muses than I do out of my Oversized Muses. I love the Oversized, but like you said, it can get kind of heavy. The other problem that I have with the bag is that it bangs against my leg with much more frequency than the large does. I do A LOT of walking (I live in NYC) and I find that it is much easier for me to pick my large Muse up and go. The Oversized can become cumbersome on occasion. I tend to wear it in the crook of my arm or held in my hand (don't care much for the aesthetic look of the bag when it is worn over the shoulder as I find it has a tendency to get smooshed, thus taking away from the beauty and the gorgeous lines of the bag). When the Oversized is worn in the crook of the arm, since it is so long, and since the majority of the weight is at the bottom of the bag when filled, it rebounds against my thigh sometimes.

That being said, I love my Oversized Muses and still get good use out of them. I just tend to carry my Large Muses more often than the Oversized. If I have to carry my laptop or files, or if I feel like carrying a "statement" bag, I grab the Oversized. Otherwise, it's usually the Large for me.

The Large by the way is plenty large. It is capable of holding a lot of stuff, and I think may be more practical for anyone who is on the run a lot.

Good luck with your decision.

Do the Muse owners prefer the chocolate or the black? I've tracked down an XL chocolate...love the size, uncertain about the color. I have a lot of black and gray suits for work, but no brown. Could I swing it with the chocolate bag anyway?

windykat said:
Do the Muse owners prefer the chocolate or the black? I've tracked down an XL chocolate...love the size, uncertain about the color. I have a lot of black and gray suits for work, but no brown. Could I swing it with the chocolate bag anyway?

I love would have love to have the Oversized Muse in black but I couldn't find it so, I took a look at the chocolate and fell in love with it! It's a really a deep rich chocolate color and in certain light it looks black. I'm soo glad I got it in chocolate. My pic is not very good, so I added a pro pic too.

Attachments

• (28) Yves Saint Lauren Muse Oversized ZipTop Bag - 1295.JPG
    (28) Yves Saint Lauren Muse Oversized ZipTop Bag - 1295.JPG
    14.7 KB · Views: 86
  • YSL Muse Oversized Bugatti - 1295.jpg
    YSL Muse Oversized Bugatti - 1295.jpg
    8 KB · Views: 59
  • YSL Oversized Muse - 1295.jpg
    YSL Oversized Muse - 1295.jpg
    13.1 KB · Views: 52
pursemama said:
I love would have love to have the Oversized Muse in black but I couldn't find it so, I took a look at the chocolate and fell in love with it! It's a really a deep rich chocolate color and in certain light it looks black. I'm soo glad I got it in chocolate. My pic is not very good, so I added a pro pic too.
I agree the chocolate is just luscious! A beautiful, gorgeous color!:heart:

I can post pics of my bag if it will help.

windykat said:

I decided to go with the black in the Oversized. I have a chocolate brown Large though, so I'm probably not much help. Like you, I wear mostly black (and some grey) for work. I felt like the black would be a better bet with my work wardrobe. That being said, I do use my Large chocolate for work as well and I think it looks fine with black suits. The chocolate color is VERY dark, and extremely rich, so it can be pulled off with black clothing. I don't think you can go wrong either way. You might want to consider what color you tend to favor in the other bags in your collection, and pick the color that appears with less frequency. I think you will get a lot of wonderful use out of either color. Good luck.