Can you wear Cartier juste un clou bracelet if you are older?

verychic555

Dec 24, 2012
Hi,
For some reason, I can’t stop thinking about Cartier juse un clou bracelet! It is not my usual style as I have more of a feminine lady like style. But I keep thinking about it. I have a concern that its edgy style is more suited to younger ladies. I am 42. I ask myself if I can still wear this bracelet in my 50-60s or beyond. I’m planning to go see it in person and try on the different sizes and thickness to see which one looks best on. If I get it, it will be my first luxury piece of fine jewelry. What do you guys think? Do you feel that it is not a lifetime piece? Or do you feel it is a classic piece no matter how old you are? Thanks

Reactions: lovieluvslux

verychic555

Dec 24, 2012
Hi,
For some reason, I can’t stop thinking about Cartier juse un clou bracelet! It is not my usual style as I have more of a feminine lady like style. But I keep thinking about it. I have a concern that its edgy style is more suited to younger ladies. I am 42. I ask myself if I can still wear this bracelet in my 50-60s or beyond. I’m planning to go see it in person and try on the different sizes and thickness to see which one looks best on. If I get it, it will be my first luxury piece of fine jewelry. What do you guys think? Do you feel that it is not a lifetime piece? Or do you feel it is a classic piece no matter how old you are? Thanks

Onebagtoomany

O.G.
Apr 16, 2011
UK
I’m 40 so only a couple of years younger than you, but I think it is a classic line that looks good at any age. I’ve seen women in their twenties wearing JUC pieces and also women who are a lot older - 50+. There’s a 50 something year old woman working in my town and she wears the most amazing jewellery including Cartier JUC and Love items. I always ogle whatever she’s wearing, hope I’m not too obvious! Lol.

I have a JUC ring in the regular size in yellow gold but as I prefer more feminine pieces, like you, I now really wish I had got the version with diamonds. I feel like it would tie in better with my other jewellery and my general preferred jewellery style. So I would definitely go and try the bracelet on in person and see how you feel about it before you decide and commit to buying.

Reactions: resplendent

ChanelCartier

Apr 20, 2020
Hi,
If you like it buy it. I don't think you can put an age on jewelry. My opinion.

Christofle

O.G.
Apr 21, 2011
Montreal
Hi,
My mother’s boss wore one in the 70s and he was 50 at the time. I don’t think of it as a trendy piece at all.

Taiwo92

Jan 19, 2020
As someone in their 20s, I’d never think “that’s too young” when I see people in their 40s+ wearing stuff. You have worked hard for it (both financially & through life experiences).

It’s a beautiful classic bracelet IMO, so please enjoy it & wear it in good health. Life is too short:smile:

DA Club

O.G.
Dec 20, 2008
Blissful in Cali
Haha I hope not! I bought both of mine (RG and WG) when I was 32 when they were re-released in 2012 as a gift to myself for the birth of my second son and I still wear them everyday now at 40.

Reactions: hhw

Ally1707

Sep 18, 2014
Krefeld, Germany
I‘m 29 and I bought the JUC ring at the beginning of the year. Imho it‘s just a great design that turns something utilitarian into jewelry. To me, the ring just looks very clean and minimalist. If you look at it and think "haha it‘s a nail!" then maybe it has an expiration date but that‘s not really how I look at it

GucciGoneWild

Sep 2, 2019
Hi,
It brings an edginess to anything. I feel like you could wear a Chanel tweed and a JUC as a little act of rebellion. If it goes with your style go for it! The plain is a little harsh to me but the diamond versions are suited to everyyyyyone

missisa07

O.G.
Jun 1, 2007
Strange thing, when I got into Cartier in my mid to late 20-s, I hated the JUC. I just didn't "get" it. Then eventually one day I fell in love. The JUC ring and bracelet were the last pieces (so far) that I've bought in my collection, and the JUC bracelet in particular is now one of my favorites.

Reactions: Louish and hhw

garysimcox

Jun 11, 2019
In my opinion, there is a JUC variant for everybody! I love my WG diamond Clou, and I am male and in my early 20s. I see women with a more mature, classy style and the same bracelet looks amazing on them too. I will say that the diamond version has a bit more elegance to it, while the plain version is more "edgy" I suppose.

P.S. I saw a few people on here with the newly released thin diamond JUC, and it looks stunning if you want a more subtle piece. Good luck! :smile: