Can you wash dustcovers?

mymeimei02

O.G.
Apr 3, 2008
I had a major accident in my closet fortunately this was the one time I was too lazy to put my actual LV purses in the closet:sweatdrop: but unfornuately I left my dustbags with receipts, tags etc.. in there:crybaby:. I forgot to throw out an old jar of water desiccator (silica crystals that absorbs water and humidity) and it leaks all over the shelf where I usually store my LV bags. So all my dustcovers got soaked with this liquid. Can I wash it and if so how? :confused1:

I just cleaned mine. I handwashed it with some liquid soap. Then will probably iron it since it has wrinkles. I didn't want to throw it in the dryer thinking it might shrink.

Oh thank you so much everyone :winkiss: I flet that I ruined them there was 3 total dustbags that were completely soaked with this liquid. I hand washed them last night and air dried them. Hopefully I can iron out the wrinkles.

I washed one dustbag with the washing machine. No problems after that. Is the easiest way. I mean if something happend, it's just a dustbag. But do avoid the dryer!

So glad for you that it was the dust covers and not your bags that got this liquid on them, I do believe they are washable but def not for the dryer!