Can you trade bags on Ebay?

bagstobuy

Aug 12, 2009
Hi,
I am this close to writing to a seller to ask if they would be interested in trading a bag for a bag (same designer, different style, both NWT, same price point) Is there a special tab/rule/place that i have to go to? To see who is open to trades? I know a lot of sellers do this as there business, I am just a buyer and seller for my own closet and use so i don't want to offend or annoy anyone.
I guess they can only say NO, But I wanted to see if this was acceptable from some experienced Ebayer's.:biggrin:

Well, I don't think it would hurt to ask. Maybe the seller is actually selling the NWT bag to fund another bag. But I have not heard of actually trading something since in that case you never know who is protected and how.

i was actually thinking about this today too.. i bought an LV bag that i like, but after having it 4 weeks it's not suiting my needs. i have of course used it a handful of times so i can't take it back to LV. i do like one other LV bag better and have wondered if anyone ever "trades" bags.. would be interested if there is a forum about that on TPF

I've traded before, twice on eBay. Buyers contacted me and said they had xyz and then would give xyz as cash, i said ok, they made offers through ebay, i accepted got the money and the bag in mail and both sides happy. Doesn't hurt to ask however as a seller that makes a living on bags I always want a better deal then the asking price. If I want 1k for a bag then i want say 700 cash and a bag i can resell for 500 not 300

i asked this question to a buyer on ebay and she responded back really nicely saying, "thanks, it's a good idea, but i just bought a chanel bag and need the cash to pay for it" lol.. funding the habit!

I am not sure if it is allowed either, but it never hurts to ask. I am not sure ebay would love it or want to promote trades because they want to make money. Plus there isn't any seller/buyer protection. Bonanzle from what I hear is a better place for trades. I have asked people on there to trade so I know OP where you are coming from.

I guess it's a personal preference or tolerance for risk but there's no way in heck I'd agree to trade a bag with anyone on ebay. :nogood:

There is zero protection if something goes wrong (e.g. if you send your bag and the other person doesn't or worse yet, disappears, or if one of the packages gets lost or stolen in transit).

Plus reading all of the horror stories here on ebay scammers just makes me think trading is an ideal set up for them to scam people!