Can you tell the birthdate of your LV by the..

The first two letters also indicate the country it was produced in. There is really no rhyme or reason to these, so it is just easier to keep a list. For example: SP is made in USA, while CA is made in Spain. SD is made in the USA now, but was made in France several years ago. A lot of people think SD stands for San Dimas, California (where there is an LV factory). Only LV knows for sure, but I don't believe it does, although it is an easy way to remember SD = made in USA. ;)

caannie said:
The first two letters also indicate the country it was produced in. There is really no rhyme or reason to these, so it is just easier to keep a list. For example: SP is made in USA, while CA is made in Spain. SD is made in the USA now, but was made in France several years ago. A lot of people think SD stands for San Dimas, California (where there is an LV factory). Only LV knows for sure, but I don't believe it does, although it is an easy way to remember SD = made in USA. ;)
SD does stand for San Dimas if you're bag says made in the USA. The first two letters don't indicate the country. It's more like they indicate the factory location.

ArmCandyLuvr said:
The first two letters don't indicate the country. It's more like they indicate the factory location.

Yes, what I meant was (lol) that you can tell what country it was produced in by the first two letters. I don't know the names of the cities the factories in each country are located in, or what city/location two letter abbreviation actually stands for, but that you can correspond the countries of manufacture to the first two letters by keeping a list. I know Carol at MP does this as well.

My batignolles horizontal was born on jan o6 .The date code is DU0016. I cannot find the date code for my compact zippe wallet. Can anyone tell me where it is?;)