Can you tell a real speedy from a fake?

I was really staring at her bag- maybe it was getting on her nerves. LOL

I saw a group of girls (maybe 14 or 15) all carrying fake multicolor LVs one day, and they all looked SO proud! Eh, it was kind of cute...I didn't eyeroll them, I'm guessing that they're learning the love early, and when they get old enough to have their own money they'll start buying real ones. :smile:

You know what's funny OP?
I had the same thing that happened to me today!

I was carry my (less then a week old) brand new Azur Speedy 30 today- crisp vachetta. I was all dressed up (on my lunch) wear a linen dress and christian louboutins. I went for sushi with a coworker and a lady carrying a beautifully patina Mono Speedy wouldn't NOT stop staring at it.

I felt like saying "its new!" Jeez!

Yep, that new vachetta can make you look! I spotted a brand spanking new Mono Speedy yesterday...the canvas is the dead giveway IMO (as far as determining fake vs. real). It was a new authentic one and I complemented the owner on it.

OP, that woman was just a snob! Enjoy your bag girl!!

Sometimes I could tell and usually it's the overtly fake ones (you know, like a Monogram Canvas Birkin). But most of the time I couldn't nor do I want to claim that I could. As long as I know that mine is real...that's all that matters.

most of the time i can tell a real speedy from a fake... i just hate it when i'm wrong. lol if people assume your lv bags are fake, that's just jealousy kicking in and don't want to praise you for your success at being able to buy something luxurious.

Yes, I can tell a fake from authentic from a mile away. I never give myself away by way of facial expression and act as if I don't notice really. To each his own...whatever makes people happy. My daughter who is 12 can spot them a mile away also, but she's not quite as poker faced as I am...lots of times she scrunches up her face and on occasion she has even pointed...I am attempting to teach her not to act that way....

However, lots of times people have noticed my bags and every time they mention things like..."Nice bag"..."know it's not from around here" and lots of other little diddies like that...generally compliments. Have had plenty carrying fakes even compliment.

I can definitely tell if a speedy (specially in monogram) if it's fake or not. It only takes a moment- about 3 seconds to tell.

I guess if you have the real thing long enough, you could easily tell what's not.

There was one time though I was wrong with a damier azur! I thought my aunt was carrying the real thing- turns out it was a really good fake!

It is hard to tell by just looking at the canvas, what I look for is the handles usually they are extra shiny and have dull peach plastic color and also lose stiches and the most obvious one Feet! lol also one day saw a lady with one that still had the "Genuine Leather" tag hanging of the bag :roflmfao:

I was really staring at her bag- maybe it was getting on her nerves. LOL

I saw a group of girls (maybe 14 or 15) all carrying fake multicolor LVs one day, and they all looked SO proud! Eh, it was kind of cute...I didn't eyeroll them, I'm guessing that they're learning the love early, and when they get old enough to have their own money they'll start buying real ones. :smile:

You know what they say, imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. As young girls, they may not be able to afford the real thing, or their parents don't think they're ready for that expensive a handbag. I don't condone fakes, but in this instance, it sounds like these girls are on the path to real LV's as soon as they get a little older. LOL

It is hard to tell by just looking at the canvas, what I look for is the handles usually they are extra shiny and have dull peach plastic color and also lose stiches and the most obvious one Feet! lol also one day saw a lady with one that still had the "Genuine Leather" tag hanging of the bag :roflmfao:

LMBO!!! "Genuine Leather" tag on a canvas bag!