Can you spot a fake ?

chill10549

Mar 12, 2006
It seems to me that when I see a person with a fake LV, I can tell, and when its real, I can tell that as well. Now my hubby thinks they "all look the same". Thats probably accurate if you don't know anything about LV, (and this thread is probably relevant in particular to monogrom LV) they all appear to be brown tannish bags with LVs on them if you aren't aware. But, f you know anything aout LV bags and you see a fake and a real one, at least to me, the difference isn't that hard to distinquish. Fake bags appear to "sag", the detail and stiching are wrong, and they look cheap. If you have any opinions, please post.:wondering

Sure can. I know the most about LV so I hone in on those bags when I see them. I don't say anything but I am thinking "thats fake/thats authentic" when I see them.

If they're obvious fakes, yes, like the Speedy with metal feet on the bottom I spotted someone carrying recently. I see a lot of women around West LA carrying bags that look from a distance like LV's, but then when you get close the pattern on the bag is not the monogram, but more like a sideways moon and star.

I had a fight w/ my bf at the movie theatre b/c there was a girl with a (bad) fake speedy and he said,"look, she has the same bag as you!" When I told him hers was fake, he swore that it looked just like mine! It's b/c he doesn't know the difference. I was so insulted he would compare mine to a bad fake!

I had a fight w/ my bf at the movie theatre b/c there was a girl with a (bad) fake speedy and he said,"look, she has the same bag as you!" When I told him hers was fake, he swore that it looked just like mine! It's b/c he doesn't know the difference. I was so insulted he would compare mine to a bad fake!

It can tell really bad fakes, slight off aligment, and I can really tell if it's a bag I have. If it's an uber fake, I can't tell unless I see the inside or datecode or dustbag or something.

all i see out here in the sticks are the *really* obvious fakes (LV never made the style, obviously plastic, all around cheap looking, wonky details, weird pattern, etc). i see a lot of coach in my touristy town and everyone i know thinks they are ridiculously expensive. they do NOT understand my obsession with LV. :smile: i think i've seen one maybe two real cabas pianos, a real papillion and one real pouchette mono since i started "studying" LV a couple years ago.