can you redye darker satin shoes? in nyc?

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. hi guys! i'm so depressed......i wore a pair of mcqueen fuschia satin pumps out the other night and they came home pretty dirty. they're hot pink - i mean like NEON...

http://cache.net-a-porter.com/images/products/30871/30871_in_l.jpg

these if you need a reference.

i took them to a great dry cleaner and they got a lot of the stains out, but i'm a perfectionist and i can still see some smudges...

does anyone know if it's possible to redye or dye over stains on satin shoes? i would want them the same color or close, but i've only ever heard of dying white shoes to a darker color. i really don't want to dye them black or something like that! can it be done, and if it can, do you guys have any nyc recommendations? HELP! :crybaby:

2. to be honest , with the colour and satin ..they are bound to get dirty .When i wear my satin shoes i walk SUPER carefully lol lol and sadly im OCD too at keeping them perfect :sad: . Have you taken the shoe to the cobbler to see if they can be re-dyed with the same or similar colour? Good luck! its such a preety colour. By the way before you wore them did you spray them with water proof spray ? i find that it helps to reduce the "stains" sticking on your satin :smile:

3. thanks for the reassurance...i feel like such a klutz! i didnt scotchgard them before...but i sure as hell will now! i'll take them to a cobbler, but any previous experiences with dying a brighter colored or dark satin would be super appreciated!