Can you recoommend a flat iron and hair straightening products for curly/frizzy hair?

stylized

Nov 4, 2006
I need a new flat iron - the one I have tends to snag and break my hair - not good! My hair is curly and prone to frizz. I also need advise on what products to use in my hair. I want shiny, sleek touchable hair - any suggestions? TIA! :s

^^ Abso-effin-lutely hands down...GHD (good hair day) is the best investment you will ever make. Try a search on it in this subforum to check out all the rave reviews!!

I have very very frizzy and unmanageable hair, and I purchased a Sedu flat iron and it's the best thing I've ever found! I used to have a Chi, but it shorted out and wasn't under warrenty anymore.. I actually tried my friends GHD and I felt like it damaged my hair a little, and for how expensive they were, i wasn't impressed. Sedu doesn't damage my hair and makes it very very straight and silky. I'd strongly recommend them.

As for products, I find Redken's Smooth Down line to be most impressive. The shampoo, conditioner, butter treat and heat glide as well as the leave in detangler. I would check them out, but if you're going to buy any one thing, I'd get the heat glide.

I have very very frizzy and unmanageable hair, and I purchased a Sedu flat iron and it's the best thing I've ever found! I used to have a Chi, but it shorted out and wasn't under warrenty anymore.. I actually tried my friends GHD and I felt like it damaged my hair a little, and for how expensive they were, i wasn't impressed. Sedu doesn't damage my hair and makes it very very straight and silky. I'd strongly recommend them.

I second the Sedu. I have it and love it. I've had it for three years, I must've dropped it 4-5 times, and it still works like the first day I got it. It's the best flat iron I've ever tried. And I love the high heat setting. (P.S, make sure you use some kind of product or protectant or something before you straighten your hair, because I know the high heat settings can be really damaging if you keep using the straightener.)

I second the Sedu. I have it and love it. I've had it for three years, I must've dropped it 4-5 times, and it still works like the first day I got it. It's the best flat iron I've ever tried. And I love the high heat setting. (P.S, make sure you use some kind of product or protectant or something before you straighten your hair, because I know the high heat settings can be really damaging if you keep using the straightener.)

Another vote for Sedu. I :heart: it!

Another vote for the ghd! I :heart: my ghd! It's awesome! My hair feels so silky and is so shiny. Plus, you don't have to keep going over the same section of hair over and over again to get it straight, so there's less damage.