Can you recommend the Cartier Tank Francaise?

Not to worry lulublue, mine is small as well. One thing we can count on is change and its constancy, i.e. trends come and go.

Todays trend of ginormous faces on watches reminds me of the clock on my kitchen wall or the hip hop artist Flavor Flav :amuse:

MMMmmm,I was a bit wary of going the whole hog for this big watch thing too,so I went for a Rolex mid-size which I wore for ages and adored.I then,years later,wondered if I should have gone for a bigger watch.I am extremely lucky my hubby wears a Rolex Explorer 2, so I borrowed it for a while as a road test to see if it would work for me.It did,and I bought a gents Rolex GMT2. The good part of this is that if I find I don't like the whole big watch thing at a lter date is my hubby then gains a GMT2,he likes it,we chose it together to cover this eventuality.But then I do have the luxury of going back to my mid-size.I know this is not a viable option for a lot of ladies as these watches cost a small fortune and you want to spend wisely to get it right!!! A couple of grand is a lot to stuff up on!

But maybe you could borrow a bigger watch off a freind or partner as a cheap way of try before you buy? Or, dare I say this?! Buy a fake for a few$$$$ or££££ just to see, I so would not normally advocate buying a fake,but in this instance could it be a cheap road test with a veiw to then getting the real thing?

Attachments

• my jewellery and watches 011.JPG
    my jewellery and watches 011.JPG
    125.5 KB · Views: 232
  • my jewellery and watches 013.JPG
    my jewellery and watches 013.JPG
    129.8 KB · Views: 247
  • my jewellery and watches 014.JPG
    my jewellery and watches 014.JPG
    130.7 KB · Views: 222
Not to worry lulublue, mine is small as well. One thing we can count on is change and its constancy, i.e. trends come and go.

Todays trend of ginormous faces on watches reminds me of the clock on my kitchen wall or the hip hop artist Flavor Flav :amuse:

MMMmmm,I was a bit wary of going the whole hog for this big watch thing too,so I went for a Rolex mid-size which I wore for ages and adored.I then,years later,wondered if I should have gone for a bigger watch.I am extremely lucky my hubby wears a Rolex Explorer 2, so I borrowed it for a while as a road test to see if it would work for me.It did,and I bought a gents Rolex GMT2. The good part of this is that if I find I don't like the whole big watch thing at a lter date is my hubby then gains a GMT2,he likes it,we chose it together to cover this eventuality.But then I do have the luxury of going back to my mid-size.I know this is not a viable option for a lot of ladies as these watches cost a small fortune and you want to spend wisely to get it right!!! A couple of grand is a lot to stuff up on!

But maybe you could borrow a bigger watch off a freind or partner as a cheap way of try before you buy? Or, dare I say this?! Buy a fake for a few$$$$ or££££ just to see, I so would not normally advocate buying a fake,but in this instance could it be a cheap road test with a veiw to then getting the real thing?

Chaz, I wasn't sure you meant to post under my comment as it bears no relevancy to mine, i.e. cost, authenticity, ownership of luxury items, what brand, etc...My comment to lulu is about today's trends of big watches under a thread re: Cartier.

Just thought you'd like to know in case you'd like to post your comment in the appropriate thread.

Chaz, I wasn't sure you meant to post under my comment as it bears no relevancy to mine, i.e. cost, authenticity, ownership of luxury items, what brand, etc...My comment to lulu is about today's trends of big watches under a thread re: Cartier.

Just thought you'd like to know in case you'd like to post your comment in the appropriate thread.
Oh,I did but did'nt explain myself too well,I love the big watch thing and used my Rolex as an example, as some ladies get a bit torn about small and dainty,or bigger to go with todays trend,on any watch brand really,and as I know Cartiers are a lot to invest in I thought my input of my veiws might help!!Sorry for the confusion!!xxxxxxxxxxx I must say I really don't advocate fakes(it used to annoy the hell out of me when I was in the trade) but as a try before you buy it may be an option.I was very lucky in as much as I had loads of luxury brand watches at our shop that I could try on etc before I decided to part with any cash.And I got to try Cartiers of all sizes too,but using the same big watch vs small watch thing in my choice I eventually went for Rolex(I do think the gents Roadster looks divine on a girl!!!!.........................maybe next time!)XXXXXXX it was just that lulablue seemed a bit undecided on the size thing so I piggy backed on yours as you said trends come and go which I thought was a very valid and important point to make with my opinion of it to see if it could help her out.XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX