Can you really use the Kelly Wallet as a clutch?

Oh this is great news, I have ordered a ficelle lizard kelly wallet and was hoping to use it as a clutch, I am so pleased that l will be able to get my iphone and lipstick in it.

^^ bumping this since there's so been so much interest lately :yes:

I know when I went to get my long (gusset) black box Kelly wallet, I was able to transfer a couple things right over and they fit with no bulges, so I happily snapped her right up! I was able to fit:

* ID and CCs went right into slots
* blackberry 8830 or iPhone (I carry two during the day, just 1 at night :Push:smile:
* Bobbi Brown lipgloss
* house/car fob key set

And honestly, for a night out, thats all I really would need or want to keep track of! I need to find her and take a picture...

I think the size is neither here nor there as a clutch. It's a very large wallet, and could a very small clutch. About the same size as the mini jige. I think if you like that look, then sure, you can probably use it as a clutch. I tend to like to use things for their intended purpose and would steer you towards a KP or a mini medor. They are both fantastic clutches.

Reactions: GNIPPOHS
I think you can fit some things in there, and it's cute with a twilly, but for the price, I personally would rather save and put the money toward for a Kelly Pochette.
I don't carry a lot by any means, I can use a Kelly 25 as my daily bag and prefer a 28 to a 32, but I passed on using the Kelly wallet as clutch. I felt that for me personally, it was too big for a wallet and too small for a clutch.

MT
This is under the tree for me. I hope to use it as a clutch when I travel to events and conferences and when just need a hotel room key, lipstick, CC and iphone!
It is prune chevere and I am excited about it!

TankerToad you can replace the CC with a man. Now that's one less thing to fit in your clutch.

Use the scarf to tie him down (or UP:P:P:P)

Last edited:
sorry to re-open an old thread; if i were to use this as a daily wallet and an occasional clutch, would epsom be better over chevre? since epsom would hold its shape better...?

any experience ladies can offer advice on this?

I have 2 Kelly wallets in chevre, but you are right in saying that Epsom holds its shape better and it's more durable.
Hence, my preference for H small leather goods is Epsom.
I used my Kelly wallet as clutch once, it looked pregnant after I stuffed it with a lipstick, tissue , mobile phone plus cash and cards.
Thanks for this.

Thank you for this, I now have more info re: the options given by my SA. Actually the choice for me is epsom vs mysore goatskin
I am not familiar with Mysore leather so for a Kelly wallet , does Mysore loose its shape and the credit cards may stretch showing a credit card "bubble" over time?

I leaning to the mysore only because it is orange! the epsom is rouge garnet which is a darker colour and epsom doesnt seem to do its justice

I still adore Kelly Wallets, but funny enough - not Epsom. It's ok, but I prefer chevre. The Epsom did stretch and bubble and so I am more careful with my Chevre and its fine, looks nearly new, even though I've used it for over a year and when I bought it, it was pre loved (rose shocking [emoji177][emoji177][emoji177]). I like Epsom and would not pass on it if the color was right, but it's not a preference - I do like the feel and sheen of the Chevre more so it has the edge.

IMG_1490016411.432325.jpg

I think the real trick, besides not overstuffing it - and IMO this goes for ALL H wallets - Do Not Put Coins in the coin section. That bumpy unevenness and dirt just tends to ruin wallets over time. I use a Bastia daily, and if I'm using the wallet as a clutch I will put whatever coins I acquire elsewhere - usually the tip jar (with $1 added), or my pocket, a tray in my car, etc.

I still adore Kelly Wallets, but funny enough - not Epsom. It's ok, but I prefer chevre. The Epsom did stretch and bubble and so I am more careful with my Chevre and its fine, looks nearly new, even though I've used it for over a year and when I bought it, it was pre loved (rose shocking [emoji177][emoji177][emoji177]). I like Epsom and would not pass on it if the color was right, but it's not a preference - I do like the feel and sheen of the Chevre more so it has the edge.

View attachment 3639933

I think the real trick, besides not overstuffing it - and IMO this goes for ALL H wallets - Do Not Put Coins in the coin section. That bumpy unevenness and dirt just tends to ruin wallets over time. I use a Bastia daily, and if I'm using the wallet as a clutch I will put whatever coins I acquire elsewhere - usually the tip jar (with $1 added), or my pocket, a tray in my car, etc.

thanks for this image, it is very helpful!
can i just check that chevre is same as "Mysore peau de chèvre" ?