Can you please help me?

I really does sound/look like Togo. Maybe the seller wasn't that familiar with the leather? I saw a listing from one of the reputable eBay re-sellers that listed a red Birkin "in a new leather called Garrance"...and unless I missed something, the color is Rouge Garrance and the leather looked like Togo. So, maybe it was just mis-described.

Hey ladies, thank you so much for the responses. Does Togo come that grainey? I paid through bank transfer and I do have her bank details. Someone told me to log a police report about it. Do you have any advice?

Would it be possible for you to post close-ups of the interior skin and the zipper, and one more shot of the Hermes-Paris engraved on the clasp...the "Hermes" part looks slightly off from the "Paris" to me? I have seen quite a bit of Togo and Fjord, and the skin just looks a bit off.

Honestly, if what you received doesn't match what was posted in the auction, I suggest you attempt to get your money back--that in and of itself makes it a bit alarming.

I hesitated to say anything because I didn't want to cause alarm, but I have to agree with orchids here. If you could post pics of the interior, that would help.

I've also had the opportunity to see many variations of both Fjord and Togo and even allowing for major variation in texture of the grain, that is unlike any skin I've ever seen. Without seeing the interior, I wouldn't want to make a snap judgment, but it looks really off.

Would it be possible for you to post close-ups of the interior skin and the zipper, and one more shot of the Hermes-Paris engraved on the clasp...the "Hermes" part looks slightly off from the "Paris" to me? I have seen quite a bit of Togo and Fjord, and the skin just looks a bit off.

Honestly, if what you received doesn't match what was posted in the auction, I suggest you attempt to get your money back--that in and of itself makes it a bit alarming.

Hi Orchids, i've matched the Interior skin and the zipper to my current Birkin and it is fine. I have a pic of the leather for you to see....what do you think?

Attachments

• Clasp.jpg
    Clasp.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 31
Hi Orchids, i've matched the Interior skin and the zipper to my current Birkin and it is fine. I have a pic of the leather for you to see....what do you think?

TP, this is the same photo from the auction you had posted earlier right? Not the bag you have in your photo? The bag in the auction looks very suspect to me, but I won't be going into details here as to why.

Honestly, without additional close-ups or pictures of the interior, I'm afraid I'm not much help. Your best bet is to take it to your nearest Hermes for a little touch-up or monogramming for confirmation. But as I mentioned before, you may want to address the seller as to why the photograph in her auction was inconsistent with what you received.