Can you please help me decide?

Pradagal

Lifeslittleluxury
O.G.
Dec 31, 2007
Hello Lovlies...

I am having a dilemma deciding which bag to get. I am trying to decide on a new Speedy B. I have Speedy 25 & 30 in monogram already....I have had them for years and now I am thinking I would love the Speedy B with a handle. Most of my LV's are monogram and over the shoulder; however I do have one Damier Ebene and it is the Trevi PM. I lusted after this bag since it came out and I finally took the plunge a few months ago bought it and now I don't find myself grabbing it like I thought I would. I think my problem with it is I find the opening kind of restricting...although, it still is a gorgeous bag.

So now I am on to trying to decide on a Speedy B 30 or 35...(I love big bags; however, I am pretty petite). And then need to decide whether I should go with the Damier Ebene or the Monogram. I wish I lived close enough to a Boutique, but the closest is 5 hours away, so I do all my ordering at the LV boutique online or direct call to a LV store.

I live in Northern Michigan so we get quite a bit of snow and rain. It is cold most of the time.

Would love to hear from all of you that own these bags and let me know the pros and cons of each. I would say my favorite canvas is the monogram because I do like the vachetta, but I do love the look of the damier ebene too....

Thanks!

I have Speedy B 30 in damier ebene, it's a great all-weather bag! I live in Northern Europe, so the weather is terrible around here 85% of the year, so I picked DE because I knew I would get the most use out of it because it's so care free.

What comes to the size of Speedy B, I chose 30 because the 35 didn't look good on me and I don't need to fit anything that big in there. I also have a Neverfull MM in DE, so whenever I need to carry my laptop or folders I grab NF.

I suggest getting the bag your heart sings to and not worry about ruining the vachetta etc. You can carry a plastic bag with you and if it starts to rain you can put your Speedy there.

speedy b is a wonderful bag. with respect to size, one big consideration is how you think you would be carrying it. in my opinion, the 25 and 30 work crossbody, but not the 35. on the shoulder for me it would be the 30 or 35 but i am not a petite person. keep in mind that the 35 tends to slouch a bit in the middle when you use the strap unless you plan on using a shaper. i have the speedy b in both mono and de and i think the mono strap is softer and more comfy. these are just some considerations. both patterns are beautiful, so you should purchase what you truly like. the de is more carefree, but the mono can be too once it patinas. really think about how you want to carry it and which pattern you truly love the most. i will also add that of course the larger the speedy the larger the opening, but i think the 30 opening would be fine. best of luck!

Do you think I could use my Trevi strap for the Speedy B 35? I really like my Trevi strap...it is nice.
I have a 25 and 30 speedy so I think I may be leaning towards the 35 since I love big bags. Also, does anyone know yet when the price increase will be? Thanks!

Do you think I could use my Trevi strap for the Speedy B 35? I really like my Trevi strap...it is nice.
I have a 25 and 30 speedy so I think I may be leaning towards the 35 since I love big bags. Also, does anyone know yet when the price increase will be? Thanks!
i don't have a trevi but i would think the strap would work for on the shoulder. it's funny, i love the speedy 35 myself because it is so spacious and the opening is so nice and big, i was just thinking you said you were petite. if you like big bags, then it sounds like you would love the 35. how do you feel about the ebene print on your trevi? is it just the small opening that puts you off and not the print? if that were the case the de 35 might be nice for you to have. there are conflicting reports on the price increase. i keep watching that thread in the shopping forum. it ranges from any day to before the end of the year so i would keep an eye on that thread very closely. usually someone finds out from their sa right before it happens. we can only hope. good luck with your decision

If I were buying a bag for you based on your posts I would advise the 35 in mono. You like big bags, already have the 25 & 30 and your favorite print is mono.

I would look at the patina champ thread for tips on keeping vachetta spot free. I also use apple guard on my vachetta & haven't had any issues.

I would also recommend the mono because the vachetta strap is softer than the de. With a larger bag the softer leather on the strap would be a plus to me.

I know others feel de is worry free but myself I feel they are equal. De may not show spots or darken with use, however it shows tiny "crack lines" (for lack of a better word) and that to me is equal to the vachetta spotting and darkening. From my experience vachetta is fairly easily maintained with a protectant.

I would also sell the other bag if you are not using it. Good luck with your choice!! :smile:

i don't have a trevi but i would think the strap would work for on the shoulder. it's funny, i love the speedy 35 myself because it is so spacious and the opening is so nice and big, i was just thinking you said you were petite. if you like big bags, then it sounds like you would love the 35. how do you feel about the ebene print on your trevi? is it just the small opening that puts you off and not the print? if that were the case the de 35 might be nice for you to have. there are conflicting reports on the price increase. i keep watching that thread in the shopping forum. it ranges from any day to before the end of the year so i would keep an eye on that thread very closely. usually someone finds out from their sa right before it happens. we can only hope. good luck with your decision

I'm not sure if it is just the small opening or the actual print. I love how vachetta patina's on the monogram...and I guess I have seen ladies talk about how the damier ebene handles "crack" on the speedy so I am a little concerned with that as well. But yet I LOVE the red interior of the damier ebene.

My vote is to sell your Trevi since you obviously don't love it the way you thought you would, and get the Speedy B in damier ebene. You obviously gravitate to the Speedy and the DE in the Speedy is so classy. It's worry-free due to no vachetta and the 30 size holds a great deal. I have the Speedy 30 in DE and absolutely love it! It's my only DE bag since I gravitate to mono as well. It is nice to have a little diversity in your collection and that pattern on that bag really stands out. Good luck deciding!

Well.....I ordered the Speedy B 35 in Monogram yesterday...(along with a few other goodies too:smile:
Hopefully I won't think it is too big (although I love big bags). I already have a speedy 25 (which I never use) and a 30.
Thanks everyone for helping;)
(I am ADDICTED to this FORUM)!!!!!