Can you order a shoulder strap for vintage Lady Dior?

vink

Trying to be good
O.G.
Apr 12, 2008
I found a pre-love microfiber Lady Dior with tortoise shell charm in black at my local vintage store. I like it, but a handheld bag isn't an option for my mommy-lifestyle now. I wonder if I can order the shoulder strap separately only for this bag. Can I have it in microfiber to match the bag or I can only get what they have in store only? Well, coz otherwise I think I will have to skip it if I can't order the shoulder strap.
TIA!!! :smile:

I recently ordered a separate long cross strap for my lady dior (with the short one). Apparently, it is possible now. The only thing is I don 't know how long I will have to wait for it...it depends on the stock apparently. But I am happy to know it is possible to order a separate long strap to wear it across the body.

I just wanted to add my experinece with Dior regarding pre-loved (and Vintage) Dior bags and getting a replacement strap.

I have been told many times in different boutiques that unless I have the Authenticity card, they cannot help me in any way.

I have a vintage lambskin in black with gold hardware, and it does not have a strap so I wanted to get a genuine Dior strap.

I have become so exasperated with the attitude of Dior regarding this, that I am ordering a strap from a website I have seen on this forum called Moutto. They make custom straps in leather, chain, etc and they can use many differnt types of hardware.

They also have examples of the work they have done and i recall seeing a Dior like mine so they would probably be able to look at microfibre if you do not have any luck with Dior.

Btw I am not affiliated with the brand Mautto, I just head a lot about them on this site so thought I would share.

Good luck :smile:

I recently received my new long cross strap in black lambskin leather ! I can't wait to try it on my vintage lady dior. I only had to show my vintage LD at the store, without the authenticity card. Wearing my LD across looks more modern I think...It is like a new bag !

I recently received my new long cross strap in black lambskin leather ! I can't wait to try it on my vintage lady dior. I only had to show my vintage LD at the store, without the authenticity card. Wearing my LD across looks more modern I think...It is like a new bag !
if you don't mind me asking, how much is the strap?

I bought it in Paris, in Le Bon Marché, at the Dior corner. I only had to show my vintage bag before, without authenticity card and had to wait for about one month.