Can you only wear a yellow epi St Jacques in the summer

clu0984

O.G.
Mar 31, 2006
I'm trying to decide between yellow and black. I love the yellow color with the purple lining but was wondering if it would only be limited to the warm weather season.

Thanks!

It all depends on your outfit; warmer months are obviously more appropriate because you wear light color clothes. I just don't see it in the winter. In the fall maybe because earth tones prevail.

^Thanks for all of your opinions. I agree that the yellow obviously suits the warmer months better, but I think the yellow might also be a nice pick me up when it's cold and dreary here in Boston:wondering.

The black is very elegant but I already have some black bags though none in the epi line.

Decisions, decisions....

I have a yellow noe and I wear it all the time (year-round). It really pops against all black outfits and even when paired with greys/navy/charcoal etc. it still looks great IMO. I like black epi, very classy, but not as fun as yellow ;) Can't go wrong with either!

I also have a yellow Noe, and I wear it year round. It's really happy and sunny against a black winter jacket - I wear it and a raspberry scarf together and have been complimented many times.

I actually prefer it with darker clothes - there's more of a "pop". Plus, the yellow isn't really as bright as you'd think in person.

^^ best of luck!! I was going to say yellow can be worn all year around. I have a yellow St Jacques too and I tie a scarf on it. You can accessorize differently and make it a winter bag too!

(I tie an eggplant purple scarf on it for winter)

I have rationalized in my mind that since I have plenty of dark colored bags, it won't really matter if I can't wear it in the winter- at least I can enjoy it for the other half of the year, right?