Can you imagine....just ONE????

One of my neighbors who lives across the street from me is very stylish. I recently spotted her with a nice bag and I complimented her on it. I think it's a canvas bag with brown piping. She's been wearing it every single day and it matches everything she wears!

Every time I see her with it, I do get a pang of envy simply b/c she probably doesn't spend hours searching for the "perfect" bag.

I think about the days, long ago, when I only had one bag. Wait, I honestly don't know if I ever owned one bag. I have always loved bags but back then I didn't have such expensive tastes :nuts:

I feel that way now! Aside from my evening bags and wristlets, I own 3 bags. 2 I don't really like but I have to keep them because they were gifts from close family members that would be hurt if they knew I didn't have them. So I've been carrying the same bag around since January because I sold all my other bags (I wasn't using them). Now I'm getting tired of it EVERY day but I'm having trouble finding another bag I really like.

When I was younger I only bought 1 handbag... this was before I got into fashion, clothing, bags, and shoes. Up until 21 I only owned 2 bags - a purse and a dance bag for dance classes.

Now I like more variety but I still like to keep a small, parred down collection of bags I'm in love with. When I have bags that I don't use, I tend to sell them.

ZoeyZoo, wow, you are an inspiration!!!

Where were you able to sell your bags? Ebay?

Perhaps only having one bag isn't realistic for most, but a small collection- 2 or 3 bags would be ideal for me.

Of course, as an avid participant on this forum, I am constantly being tempted (ie, every 2 minutes) to purchase another bag.

Now I'm asking myself "why do I want this bag? is it going to change my life in any way? Will it make me any happier or will it just provide a moment of glee, quickly followed by guilt and regret?"