Can you hem True Religion jeans?

sierrasun1

Oct 4, 2007
.... the inseam is too long. Yet, really like them (did not come in petite).....

Hoping I can just take them to a tailor? Also, is it possible to have them taken in at the hips/waist?

Thanks in-advance!!

yes, absolutely. I have to get the inseam and waist done on all my jeans. They can even keep the original bottom hem if its distressed.

Just take it to an alterations place. Costs about $7-10.

All of my jeans, True Religion or other, have to be hemmed. I have several pairs of True Religion jeans in a variety of style and all have bee hemmed. As for taking in the waist/hips, a good tailor can work magic, for a price. Best options are to ask around and find out what tailor does quality work in your area. Personally, I find that a good tailor can make just about any item of clothing better.

Ask the tailor to re-attach the hem.

I wouldn't suggest this. The best thing to do is to find a really good tailor/seamtress who will hem it using the same or similar thread (thickness & color & stitch length). As for taking in the waist & hip, it can be done but don't expect the altered jeans to look as if nothing was altered if you take in too much (2 or more inches).

As a precaution, bring an inexpensive pair and get it alter to check out the craftmanship. Most of my clothes are altered and having a great tailor/seamstress can save a lot of grief.

I got my Joey hemmed, but my tailor said it took him forever to make them look good. I got a euro-hem (original hem reattached) and he had to reverse the hems to make it work!

MY TR store has a tailor they suggest and I am taking 3 pairs tomorrow. One is a Joey with the twisted hem that she'll have to shorten about 6 inches. I hear she does a great job with original hems. She charges 16 for original, 10 for regular.

Also, TRs come in petite now. Check them out, inseam is 31 inches.

I have all my jeans hemmed... Sevens, William Rasts, Rock and Republics. Don't see why you couldn't do it for True Religion. I agree with everyone else who said to ask for the original hem to be re-attached.