can you help me find red eyeshadow?

xoxomandylyn

♥
May 24, 2008
Hi ladies, I don't even know if I have ever posted in this forum before. Nice to 'meet' you all. I need your help! Over the past year or two I've gotten really big into really making my eyes extremely dramatic. I only wear nude lipstick (mac in creme d'nude every single day, I swear) and I put all the focus on my eyes. I'm working at V. S. right now and since we need to wear nothing but black every day I've started using some really wild eyeshadow colors, just to bring some fun to my look. I mostly use MAC and Urban Decay, as they seem to have the funnest colors with the most "oomph" in their pigments. I've gotten a big collection of blues, purples, aquas, golds, purples, greens...

but NO RED.

With fall coming and the holidays after that I really want to add a nice RED red to my collection... problem is neither of these brands that I am familiar with seem to have any reds.

Ideally, I'd like a red with a slight shimmer/sheen. Preferably not glittery, as glittery shadows tend to not stay on as long, but I don't want a matte red either. More of a sheen/shimmer red. And I want it to have that great pigment-y feel that mac and UD shadows have and it has to last, that store gets hot and hours will be LONG during the holidays.

Any suggestions? Thanks so much! ♥

(If it makes any difference, I' dye my hair black, have medium toned skin, and wear very black liner and mascara every day to help make my super dark hair more natural looking.)

Sephora has a few choices if you search for "red eyeshadow" but most of the colors aren't very bright red. A lot are just a really dark pink or a brownish-red. I think your best bet would be to perhaps look for powder blush. Those should be much easier to find in shades of red.

MAC e/s in Passionate, but it's a matte finish...

MAC also had a mineralize trio last year, Danger Zone, which has a red in it - might be able to find on eBay? Hmmm, sorry, not much help here!

HPIM3173.jpg

sunrise on right

hmm i like the danger zone and flammable suggestions, i did see some on e bay just now when i searched for them.

passionate is too pink, i don't want any pink hue at all just a true red.

this is harder than i thought it would be! everything's matte, or pinky or orangey!

although i will say, i bet holiday collections will come out in two or three months that will have red in them, i'm sure mac will come out with another holiday collection and it's almost GOT to have red, right (like danger zone last year)?! maybe i should just wait and see!

thanks for the help ladies, it's so hard to find. granted i doubt most people WANT red eyeshadow, but i think with my dark hair and dark ensemble every day i can pull it off haha. (if it's shimmery... i don't know about matte red, i'd feel like i got punched in the eye or something i think)

Oh I just checked out that aromaleigh site, they do have some nice reds it seems!!!!! has anyone tried these eyeshadows? if so what do you think, do they stay on well? thanks! (i like helter skelter!)

i have MAC pigment in Royal Flush, and it is a red shade. it's pretty, and if you want a red tone pigment I'd definitely try it. I use it on my lids once and a while.