Can you help me fall in love again? Would love your input!

NickitaLuvsLV

Apr 18, 2015
Hi everyone.

Last year I fell out of love after 8 years of collecting LV.
I had a few bad experiences with LV SA's, and I also found flaw after flaw on the new bags I bought. And then had to argue every time just to get to exchange it.
It turned me off so much..
I started selling off my pieces and moved on to Chanel.
However..
I still have a few pieces that I just haven't gotten around to sell. Maybe because I'm not COMPLETLY over it yet....?
I wait to have back that good feeling that this brand is what is once was in my eyes. Service minded, amazing quality etc.
So now I have these pieces just hanging out in the closet because I don't use them. Can you say 3 things to love LV again? Maybe even about some of the pieces I still have?Maybe I just can't see past my last few experiences? Would really appreciate your input!!
Here are the pieces I have left.

Speedy 30 Bandouluere Damier Ebene
Neverfull MM OM monogram
Galliera PM monogram
Pochette Accessoires Multicolore
Milla Clutch Monogram
Keep all 45 Bandouluere Damier Azur
Noe BB Monogram

Thank you in advance❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

I love the brand's history, the functional designs that are distinctly LV, and the overall quality of the product.
To be quite honest, it's not all that uncommon to fall out of love with the brand itself, despite still loving certain pieces, as that's just part of our evolving personalities and lifestyles.

To be honest, I don't think you can force yourself to fall in love again with LV. You can love a lot or hate a lot of things about a brand, but ultimately it just depends on how you feel about the bags. I like wearing LV because I'm drawn to these bags. They have something special to me that other bags don't have. If you don't have this feeling anymore, then I think it's hard to fall in love again.

To be honest, I don't think you can force yourself to fall in love again with LV. You can love a lot or hate a lot of things about a brand, but ultimately it just depends on how you feel about the bags. I like wearing LV because I'm drawn to these bags. They have something special to me that other bags don't have. If you don't have this feeling anymore, then I think it's hard to fall in love again.

Thank you so much for your time and input! food for thought!!! 👀

I love the brand's history, the functional designs that are distinctly LV, and the overall quality of the product.
To be quite honest, it's not all that uncommon to fall out of love with the brand itself, despite still loving certain pieces, as that's just part of our evolving personalities and lifestyles.

Thank you for this! Maybe that's exactly it!

+1
You might want to change your Username :P (just kidding ;))

I know how you feel, but I find LV to still be very functional. I actually fell out of love with Chanel last year and returned to LV after it was announced that Chanel wouldn't repair any item over 5 years old and that you'd have to either be in their system or have proof of purchase from an authorized retailer. I just felt like for the amount of money a Chanel costs, repairs should be for as long as the purse is still repairable.

Thank you so much for your time and input! food for thought!!! 👀
The good news is that you have a lot of beautiful classics in your collection. I don't think you will have a hard time selling those. And you can wait until you're ready to sell them. They will not go out of style easily and LV keeps increasing it's prices. For a bag like the NF OM you'll probably get more than you paid for it, if it's in good condition.

Just ask yourself what you liked about them and why you bought them. Do you see yourself wearing them in the future? Try not to let yourself be influenced by your bad experience with the SA's. If your older bags are fine, just don't think about that anymore (I know, easier said than done). And if you still can't see why you used to enjoy them, then I think it's time to let them go.

The good news is that you have a lot of beautiful classics in your collection. I don't think you will have a hard time selling those. And you can wait until you're ready to sell them. They will not go out of style easily and LV keeps increasing it's prices. For a bag like the NF OM you'll probably get more than you paid for it, if it's in good condition.

Just ask yourself what you liked about them and why you bought them. Do you see yourself wearing them in the future? Try not to let yourself be influenced by your bad experience with the SA's. If your older bags are fine, just don't think about that anymore (I know, easier said than done). And if you still can't see why you used to enjoy them, then I think it's time to let them go.

+1 and very well said. :smile:

Interesting...I have always had worse treatment at Chanel than LV and I feel Chanel's quality control is terrible. Every bag I bought had a flaw and since they are always in so much demand...there wasn't much choices for me to choose from. I find LV quality to be very good and the pieces I have come across have no issues...except my alma bb is missing the tag patch inside. They also offered to fix a d-ring on a vernis piece I have. Sorry for rambling about my experience.

Anyway, N. Ghesquire has really brought LV to new heights in my opinion. There are so much more styles and customization to choose from that makes a lot of their pieces so unique to have. They make so many different kinds of bags and in a myriad of leathers too. I feel like Chanel makes amazing flap style bags but they do not excel in other styles of bags. Also, flaps are just not roomy enough unless you want to play tetris everytime you are accessing your things inside the bag.

I must say I do not like vachetta. So I only fancy LV lines that do not have them.

If you are out of love with your LV things, maybe you should sell them to make room for other things in your collection. I do feel like maybe keeping the clutch or pochette and the neverfull would prove useful as if you do not have those size purses in your collection already. Their canvas is sturdy and can be useful for when you need to take them on trips where you don't want to baby your bags.

I love LV so I not sure I can help you there. But if you need to try something else, check out Ferragamo. They have amazing quality and prices aren't too bad . You need to see their bags in person :smile:

Yes! Very very very well said! Thank you so much for a helpful read! Very helpful!:balloon:

Interesting...I have always had worse treatment at Chanel than LV and I feel Chanel's quality control is terrible. Every bag I bought had a flaw and since they are always in so much demand...there wasn't much choices for me to choose from. I find LV quality to be very good and the pieces I have come across have no issues...except my alma bb is missing the tag patch inside. They also offered to fix a d-ring on a vernis piece I have. Sorry for rambling about my experience.

Anyway, N. Ghesquire has really brought LV to new heights in my opinion. There are so much more styles and customization to choose from that makes a lot of their pieces so unique to have. They make so many different kinds of bags and in a myriad of leathers too. I feel like Chanel makes amazing flap style bags but they do not excel in other styles of bags. Also, flaps are just not roomy enough unless you want to play tetris everytime you are accessing your things inside the bag.

I must say I do not like vachetta. So I only fancy LV lines that do not have them.

If you are out of love with your LV things, maybe you should sell them to make room for other things in your collection. I do feel like maybe keeping the clutch or pochette and the neverfull would prove useful as if you do not have those size purses in your collection already. Their canvas is sturdy and can be useful for when you need to take them on trips where you don't want to baby your bags.

Gosh you guys ARE really helping me a lot! This is very true. I do use the pochette when I travel, trow everything in there for the plane. Headphones, hand cream, girly things, pen, and even passport. I don't think about it as LV, just a handy little bag. I don't baby it at all. And it can be thrown in any bag. I think it's about the pieces and not the brand then maybe. I should maybe really try and get over the last few really bad SA's, and the last bags that I do not like and WILL sell. I don't like the new thin canvas. It's so super thin. (On some of the models, they have changed it out) My last purchase was a Speedy 30 B and I really really don't like that compared to my old speedy 25 that I sold. Anyways. now I'm the one who is rambling, and I also don't mind that you did :biggrin: That's what it's for! Thoughts and ideas and experiences! SO! I should hang on to some of these pieces I think. And also I think I want to use one of them tomorrow! :boxing:Who knew! Thanks!

I have had similar feelings. In the past 14 months, I have only purchased one LV bag (dec 2014) and the only reason was because I was in St Barth's and they had the Cabas that can only be purchased there. Since then, I added a classic m/l flap, Hermes evie, goyard St Louis and Fendi 2jours, plus the Chanel o clutch and o-case last week. Each time I made a purchase, I debated LV but the others won out.

My SA left in March 2015 so I have really no reason to go to LV. I purchased the UNICEF necklace last week and we stopped by on Saturday. DH asked if there was anything I wanted for Valentine's Day - no. He even tried to buy me the Steamer bag on Christmas Day when we were in St. Thomas.

I will say that I'm happy with the LV bags I have. I love them. My 2 SC bags are truly my favorite bags of all brands followed closely by my Epi bags. Perhaps you should consider the LV leathers? I prefer leather and LV really has durable options. I baby the other brands but all the LVs take a beating. If the Epi Phenix came in a color that I "needed" I could see myself adding it.

Good luck with your decisions. The nice thing is LV still sells on the secondary market.