Can you help me decide between Dior and Chanel

phiphi

O.G.
Apr 25, 2009
Hi ladies,

I've been following your forum threads with great interest. You guys sure are knowledgeable about your purses!

I'm finally going to splurge on a purse and I'm having a hard time deciding between the Lady Dior Patent bag and a Chanel Classic.. Is there a difference in quality between the two.. Which would be the better pick if you could only get one purse for your whole adult life?

Hi ladies,

I've been following your forum threads with great interest. You guys sure are knowledgeable about your purses!

I'm finally going to splurge on a purse and I'm having a hard time deciding between the Lady Dior Patent bag and a Chanel Classic.. Is there a difference in quality between the two.. Which would be the better pick if you could only get one purse for your whole adult life? Which is better value for money (if that's even a possible measurable.) Thanks ladies!

Hi ladies,

I'm finally going to splurge on a purse and I'm having a hard time deciding between the Lady Dior Patent bag and a Chanel Classic.. Is there a difference in quality between the two.. Which would be the better pick if you could only get one purse for your whole adult life? Which is better value for money (if that's even a possible measurable.) Thanks ladies!

phiphi, you'll probably get more votes for Chanel. But this is how I look at it: you are the one who will be carring the bag and you choose what you love, not what other people love.

Chanel is probably considered classic and timeless by more people than Dior, but I wouldn't miss it if I don't have it. To me Lady Dior is my absolute must have and it is priceless. ;)

If you are looking for a bag that will last your lifetime, the Chanel will do the trick. The 2.55 has been a classic for 51 years. I love both but you should go with the Chanel.

Since you are in a Chanel forum...its safe to assume that most of the responses will be Chanel. Its keeps its value better and will last you a long time. But remember once you get your first Chanel you will not be able to stop there...you'll want another and another and another. Its very addicting.

Personally I don't like bags that you can only carry over your wrist, I prefer over the sholder so your hands are free to do whatever. Needless to say my pic is Chanel.

Good luck with your decision!

Leave the dior alone unless you really love the bag,it has no real resale vaule,the classic flap keeps its vaule and is a much nicer bag,id only buy dior if you find at a discount price,i paid half price brand new for my lady dior tote and cannage bag,otherwise would never have bought them.good luck

I agree with the other gals. Chanel is universally accepted to retain or inflate in value. I'm not aware of Dior pricing or qualities but they're certainly not as classic as a Chanel.
Good luck and let us know what you decide :smile:

You're in a Chanel forum so who here is going to tell you to buy Dior?
Both luxe designers. Chanel is more classic and has better reasale value.
Buy the bag you truly want.

I might be mistaken but hasn't the Lady Dior bag also a shoulder strap included?

Anyway, I don't like the feel of the handles, but otherwise it's also a very elegant bag - however, it's not nearly as nice to the touch as a Chanel Lambskin IMO.

So I would go with Chanel here :tup: