Can you file a claim w/paypal,ebay after 2 years?

sparkle7

O.G.
May 24, 2007
I just got an email from anbuyer that I sold a bag to 2 years ago that the bag may be fake. She took it to the store for repair and was told that bag was a fake. I purchased this bag from a mypoupette reseller and later decide that I did not like the style of the purse and sold it on ebay. I had the purse authenticated at the store as I went to buy the smaller version,but decided I just did not like the style. I'm not sure what to do!:sad:

I'm not sure what to do as so much time has passed. Can she contact ebay and try to get me suspended? Whenever I buy bags from ebay I always take them to be authenticated. I have recently started using this board as it is for free and I don't get the funny looks I get from the sales person when I say i bought it on ebay. what should I tell her? She had the bag for over 2 years

she cannot do anything. If she goes to claim on Paypal, it won't work because you are suppose to claim it within 45 days. If she does something on ebay, that won't work either because eBay does not return the money. Don't worry you're safe!

It really sucks that she got a fake bag though. She would have to be totally insane if she was just trying to scam you at this point. Not that you owe her anything now, it's just too bad that she didn't find out sooner.

Last edited:
OMG - 2 years?!!! Sounds like she's used it for awhile and has decided she's done with it, and wants you to do something about it. I agree with ladyisobel, I wouldn't even respond to her. They're getting crazier by the day!

No, I think you should respond to her. If the bag really is fake, she is understandably upset. Imagine how she must feel. Be nice and say that unfortunately too much time has passed, and that you are sorry because you thought it was real when you sold it to her.

It sounds like she is done using the bag and wants to return it. I wouldn't even get into it with her. Respond calmly once then block her from bidding on your auctions.

When I have a problem person on ebay , I always end my letter with

Good luck with your future ebay transactions.

My way of saying I am done with you

I agree, be nice but don't give an inch. It sounds to me like she is 'fishing' around to see what she can get out of you now. Don't forget to block her from your auctions.

Only send one email, nice but firm and don't start a long train of communication over this.