Can You Cook ?

1. Neiman Marcus
    Dismiss Notice
  1. I will admit that I am a very good cook, I am lucky enough to have a Husband that loves to cook too (just not at the same time cos I'm a little territorial around the kitchen. )

I cook a lot of British dishes, Shepherds pie, Toad in the hole, Cheese and onion pie, Steak and Kidney Pie :sick: (My Husbands favourite )and Hot Pot.

Desert's I usually make, Trifle, Rhubarb pie, Apple crumble and custard, Pineapple upside down cake. Jam and coconut sponge.

How about you, can you cook ? Do you and your family have a cultural specialty ?

2. I can only WISH that I can cook. I can only do basics with my fanciest being a simple pasta dish. :sad:

3. <-----Was born to avoid the kitchen like the plauge!

*I burned my parents kitchen down when I was 10. We had to move to a hotel for a week for repairs and house cleaning.
    * I almost melted my microwave making microwave popcorn
    *Just last week I burned my hand on the oven because I guess I decided it wasn't that hot and I didn't need a mit
    * Put Pizza in to cook before with the cardboard.....And yes I knew the cradboard was there

The list can go on and on and on......

These days I always clear with the Man step by step how to cook anything if I am left to my own resources. He usually cooks for us or we eat out. I can make sandwhiches though ;)

4. i LOVE to cook!!! it's my OTHER hobby :P

5. I too love to cook. My husband is Italian and I'm Irish, Italian & French so my cooking style is all over the map. I do favor Italian food though so I know more Italian dishes than anything else. Baking is another story. Can't seem to get it right. Can't seem to make dough right. I've pretty much given up. I go the bakery now.

6. I think if I actually had time, and didn't work as much as I do, I would definitely love to cook! God knows that I LOVE to eat.

7. I'm an ok cook. I have improved a lot over the last few years. It's actually kind of sad because my mom and grad mother are excellent cooks, epically when it comes to Italian food.

My dh is a really really good cook. He puts my cooking to shame!

8. I cook but I don't stick to specifics when cooking a dish. It's some of this and some of that and walla! Steak! Or Pot Roast! Or Chicken Adobo! Or some yummy noodle dish!

9. I hate to cook! My husband is an absolutely amazing cook and could probably make roadkill taste great. My kids can't wait until the w/e's, when they can have his home cooking instead of the crap I give them during the week. When my husband was away one w/e I felt guilty that they wouldn't have his waffles and pancakes from scratch. I offered to try to make them. Luckily they screamed, "No way"! I thanked them for their lack of faith in me and drew a big sigh of relief. I took them to a diner instead.

10. OH no!!!! We can be twin:wacko: I hate/scare of everything in the kitchen now. If I have to cook I'll hate to eat.:cry:

11. I love to cook! I love baking even more. When I'm bored and hungry (which I usually am), I'll just start making some random dish with food in the fridge.

12. If I find a recipe that sounds good, I'll take a swing at it and most of the time it comes out alright...so I guess I'm alright. DH hasn't complained yet (maybe because he's so sweet lol).

13. I love to bake pastry! French pastry!:love:

14. OH great thread! I wanted to have one like this but thought I'd better keep it to purses here, and keep the cooking at the cooking blogs. Great idea, Pradameadow.

I love cooking, a not bad cook either so I've been told. I wish I learned more from my grandma though. Should we swap recipes? Irish, Iralian, English, Chinese, Indian, Thai etc? I'd love to learn making French pastry. I find baking much harder than cooking, it's a science especially in bread making.

Hmm...mouth watering now.

15. I enjoy cooking.
    I can follow a recipe pretty well.
    I love to grill.
    I make some mean empanadas.
    I just love the whole decorating/entertaining thing ala Martha Stewart.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice