Can you block SELLERS on ebay?

lizmil

O.G.
Dec 30, 2007
I've asked this in a couple of spots. But no answer. Can you block sellers on ebay? I block buyers regularly based on the postings here. But I wonder if I can block sellers since I buy more than sell? I'm concerned I'll forget the names and buy from an idiot.

BTW, I am, apparently (boasting, tongue in cheek) a GREAT buyer. I usually pay with an hour after the auction ends (or a day at the most), I leave feedback, and I don't ask for stupid concessions.

I usually buy NWT or gently used.

Are most ebayers like me or am I unusual?

Just curious!

I don't believe you can, only bidders. Good point on wanting too though I never thought of it that way before. I looked it up through ebay as I'm sure you did and it doesn't appear anyway

Well I think it should be an option! Maybe more of the ladies here will have an idea of how to accomplish that idea, even if ebay doesn't have the option.

You know, I've wanted to do that before too. There are some people who I do not want to do business with and I'd love to not even be able to see their auctions.

I don't think there's a way to block sellers. I keep a list of sellers I won't do business with and before bidding/buying check to see if they're on my list.
For the most part I've had good luck with buyers paying fairly quickly. The main problem I have is them never leaving me feedback.

LOL, if I get into any type of conversation with one, and they get snippy I just ask them to block me, so I don't have to worry later about having that unpleasant experience again. Not sure they do, but I do add them to a text list of not-to-buy-from sellers.

I list bad sellers in my "Saved Sellers" area, there is a box for comments and that's where I state my reason for avoiding.

The downside is you have to remember to check it.

I wish you could block sellers too, but I don't think you can. You can exclude sellers in your searches and save those searches. For example, I sometimes like to look at Chanel cosmetics, but there is this one major retailer that lists so many things at high prices that it clutters everything and makes it really hard to browse. In Advanced Search, under 'sellers' you can select 'only show items from specific sellers', but in the drop down menu select 'exclude' instead of 'include', and you can list a bunch of seller IDs whose items you don't want to see. Then you can save your search (which shows up in My Ebay drop down menu) or you can just bookmark the page. It's kind of a pain, but if you look at something regularly it may help... I have a bunch of searches like this bookmarked. You have to put in a keyword though in your search in order to do this.

I'm convinced that everything ebay does is for their own money-making benefit, never for the customer (buyer) or seller's best interests. I'm sure being unable to block sellers makes them more money somehow because it's such an obvious feature that they should have ... I buy and sell on ebay and I have such a love-hate relationship with them!!!

Bumping this thread from 2011. Any one know can we block seller now? Thanks!
Ebay doesn't have a mechanism for blocking sellers because dealing with a seller is your choice (as the buyer). If you don't like a seller, you just hit the back button when you see their listings.

It's different from sellers who do want to block buyers because whether (as seller), you're running an auction or a fixed price listing, you aren't in control of bidders and buyers so in blocking, you can exercise control.

Ebay doesn't have a mechanism for blocking sellers because dealing with a seller is your choice (as the buyer). If you don't like a seller, you just hit the back button when you see their listings.

It's different from sellers who do want to block buyers because whether (as seller), you're running an auction or a fixed price listing, you aren't in control of bidders and buyers so in blocking, you can exercise control.

Thank u appreciate the advice! I was asking as i have unpleasant experience with a particular seller. I was hoping ebay will let me block seller so i will never buy from certain sellers again.

Thank u appreciate the advice! I was asking as i have unpleasant experience with a particular seller. I was hoping ebay will let me block seller so i will never buy from certain sellers again.
Keep a word document in your computer and record bad sellers. Then if you find an item you like, check your list and see if the seller is on it.