Can You Believe The Nerve of This Seller?!!

I received a satchel in a homedepot moving box once! w/o stuffing, the poor bag was tossed around inside that box. Essentially my note to the seller stated, it's a great bag, and a fantastic deal, and will leave postitve feedback but, need to mention the bag should have been packaged a lot better . . .

Thank you for letting me vent ladies.

This is what I wrote, I hope I wasn't too harsh and I hope she/he writes back with something that is mutally feasible.

[FONT=Arial, Verdana]First of all,
I would like to say I AM extremely upset. I received the bag 3 hours ago and had to wait to write to you because I KNOW I would have been very frank if I immediately wrote to you.

I was very disgusted to open the package that you sent me and find the FIVE HUNDRED DOLLAR COACH BAG mangled up and folded into a small one sized flat rate box. A box that is so small that is fits into the tote with room to spare on either side. There was no padding or anything in the bag.

Once I unfolded the tote I found that the satin stripe is all wrinkled and has creases from where you folded it before you packaged it. The crease WILL NOT COME OUT.
How could you send a $500 bag this way?
I wouldn't even send a $5 bag this way, because it is just unethical. If someone bid on your item they obviously loved the bag enough to pay money for it and were anxiously waiting for it to arrive.
And you charged $15 to destroy a brand new bag in a cheaply and poorly packaged shipment?

I am very disappointed. I have refrained from leaving negative feedback, contacting ebay, and contacting paypal because I wanted to contact you first and speak with you about the situation.

The bag is damaged and I expect something to be done about it. It should go without even saying that the shipping needs to be reimbursed BUT ALSO some of the price paid should be reimbursed because I paid for a bag that was in BRAND NEW condition NOT one that is damaged with creases that cannot be removed and wrinkles that are too clearly visible and make the bag look like it's been used.

I hope that we can solve this situation amicably without having to turn to leaving negative feedback, filing a paypal dispute and filing an ebay dispute because that will be the last resort.

Let me know as soon as you get this.

Cathy
[/FONT]

Absolutely unbelievable!!!!!!:shocked:

I too would be sooo :hysteric:

Your email to him was really good.

Those boxes also leak easily and get more flimsy when they get wet!!! It actually could have been far worse, like this isnt bad enough, but im so glad that at least she is in somewhat good shape (minus the crease).

Keep us updated!

Ladies,

I'm so upset and I need a place to vent where I know someone will understand why I'm mad.

I ordered this hamptons slim tote last week and it came in today. The seller FOLDED this huge tote and rolled it up to fit it into this flat rate box.

Why would someone do that with a $500 bag? Granted, I didn't pay $500 for it, but when I sell an item, I don't care if it cost $5 I package it with care. To top it off the guy charged me 15 bucks for shipping.

The worst part is the tote is so bag is the box is so small that the box fits into the tote WITH room to spare on either side!!

The satin stripe on the tote is slightly wrinkly now and I'm highly upset. The tote traveled like this all the way from Washington to Virginia all crumbled up like that...I want to send the seller a rude email, but I'm holding back.

Sighs, just wanted to vent.

Also, any advice on what if anything to say to the seller? I know, that question should probably be in the ebay forum, but I wanted to post the bag in here.

TIA

Well, the good news is you got a gorgeous bag at a good price and it is in good condition (or will be soon.) The bad news is that your Seller is an
ignorameous. So, what now? The new eBay feedback gives Buyers several options. Your choice, but I would leave him/her positive feedback for the bag, and very poor feedback for the shipping charge and customer service (and maybe communication?) eBay is such a two way street: bad Buyers, bad Sellers, a true cross section of humanity. Most are good, a few are bad, and many are clueless =)

Oh man, I would be freaking furious if my bag arrived in this condition - I'm glad that you wrote to this seller. This particular bag is so delicate, too - it seems like you'd figure out from the fabric alone that you shouldn't abuse it!! I would check it quickly for the "FS" stamp - it may be that this seller intentionally rumpled the bag to minimize some other imperfection. I know you posted about getting a good price on it - just make sure there are no surprises for the future.

I am so sad for you.:sad: I know how FRUSTRATING it can be to deal with idiots on ebay.

For the future, let me share this tip. One thing that I usually do when purchasing from a seller I've never bought from before is to write a little note about shipping in that is little comment box that comes in in Paypal. I usually write something like, "First-time customer, delighted to have won this auction. I trust you will pack and ship this [whatever it is] with care!"

This I learned after buying and selling costume and collectible jewelry on ebay for a number of years and receiving something once wrapped in, I kid you not, USED REESE'S PEANUT BUTTER CUP WRAPPERS. Chocolate, peanut butter, crumbs, grease, the works. It was PUTRID!

First, such shipping is totally unacceptable and I agree with entheos. But I think people feel badly about leaving negative feedback but if you don't get resolution, the feedback system on ebay is designed to prohibit poor selling and service which is exactly what you received in this case. I think you did the riht thing my contacting the seller and giving him an opportunity to correct this situation. You can use the "threat" or suggestion is perhaps a nice way of putting it, of leaving negative feedback if it is not resolved to your mutual satisfaction. Perhaps I would have only added in the message what you feel was/is an appropriate resolution, a discount, refund or exchnage on the item, refund of the hsippign fees at a minimum. Be reasonable, tell him what you want and then give him a day or two to meet your demand, then in NADA, leave neg feedback or neutral at least.

this way other people will think twice before buying from him, lest they get the same smashed up bag.

I think we would all pay a small premium to get the abgs packed well, with cushioning and in a clean safe box, NOVEL idea isn't it, that we will pay for good service!

So sorry this happened to your new bag!
I don't understand why some sellers don't understand that presentation plays such a large part in the transaction.
Although to be honest it doesn't surprise me, I'm sure it's happened to us all at some point.
Last year I received a pair of $150 shoes stuffed into a flat rate envelope, I paid $12 for shipping and the heel had actually broken off in the envelope.

Just to share... I had a cream-colored $900 bag shipped from England in a lightweight paper bag closed with masking tape - no padding, nothing. It tore en route, of course, and was barely covered when it arrived. To top things off, when I furiously yanked off what was left of the "packaging", the hardware from the bag (which had broken off, of course) ricocheted across the kitchen and broke a glass. When I contacted the seller s/he promised a partial refund, then went NARU. Sigh.

Still, I think beth's peanut butter cups story beats everything!

PyAri, your letter is very good! Hope the seller comes through for you.

Hehe, must be the day for bad shipping - I'll do you one better. I bought a rose Legacy shoulder NWT for a great price a couple of weeks. It arrived today from Puerto Rico inside a priority mail ENVELOPE - yes, the flimsy envelope with no padding, etc. I was dumbfounded. I opened the envelope and the brown dustbag was stuffed inside with the poor Legacy folded down the middle inside. There is a crease on the bottom of the purse from the fold. The purse is in good condition otherwise and I've put my stuff inside to try and get the shape back but I still can't believe what this guy did. It was a new purse and I don't want to be unfair to the seller so I'm thinking of just not leaving any feedback at all.

Thanks for the vent - your purse is really lovely.

You could leave him feedback for the bag and speed of delivery but state that packaging could have been better - you could leave neutral rather than leaving negative. Alternatively, leave positive for the bag and say nothing in the feedback about the packaging but send an email to the seller saying that due to the value of the bag itself, it could have been packed better. Remember, some people just think they are handbags!!! They don't know better!