Can you add a buy-it-now?

mere girl

O.G.
Aug 12, 2008
United Kingdom
Hi - a seller has agreed a buy-it-now price for me but has just received a bid on her listing. Is it still possible for her to add a 'buy-it-now' price to her item? I have a feeling that once bidding has started (with no reserve) then it is too late to add this feature? Can anyone advise me please? Many thanks, x

ophelia87

Dec 15, 2009
No she can't. She could have added one before the the bid happen, but once someone bids it becomes an auction only situation.

mere girl

O.G.
Aug 12, 2008
United Kingdom
hmmm.. I thought so - so the only way to do it is to end the listing and re-list with a buy-it-now?
thank you for your reply by the way! x

fashion_mom1

Apr 28, 2009
what I do in this scenerio is open another listing with a buy it now option. If the buyer is really serious (or you in this case) they will buy it now quickly. Then I will take the other listing down. The reason I do this as a seller is because I have had people tell me they would buy it now then don't, and if I close the first listing I loose my bids and I have nothing. I hope that makes sense.

fashion_mom1

Apr 28, 2009
she'd have to end the auction and relist with a BIN.
I think I just do "sell similar" or something like that. However I am sure I pay more fees this way, but you still would if you had to relist it a 3rd time. I could me all wrong on this, but it has really worked for me.