Can white jeans be worn for an evening out?

Mia2001

O.G.
Aug 30, 2007
Need help ASAP ladies, tonight by BF and I are going to dinner and then to see Seinfeld. I have no idea what to wear but was considering white jeans; is there a way to dress white jeans up so that they don't look so casual?? If not, what other options should I consider??

If you live in a warm client, then I think white jeans paired with a pretty festive top is fine for evening. It doesn't sound like a real dressy occasion so I think its fine.

Here in the northeast/us, I would only do white jeans in the summer.

I think it looks great, but it is more of a beach/resort look. Wear with a bright colored top (either billowy or sleek and fitted) and bold, bright jewelry. Metallic accessories.

But watch out because white jeans get dirty very easily!

I personally think lighter colors look great at night, they make you stand out in a room of little black dresses (especially for spring and summer).

yes! I wore them in Rome last year paired w/ black heels and a black and white silk top w/ big jewelry. As long as they aren't 'basic', I think they're great!

i think white jeans are more than appropriate for a night out. to the opera, not so much, but to dinner and a show, yes! As long as it is paired with a heel I think they look just as classy as a regular jean. PLus you will stand out in a sea of blue!

I say wear them! White jeans can be dressed up for sure, cute top, heels, some fun jewelry. Plus I like wearing the upexpected. Not a lampshade on my head, but something that will stand out from the crowd. Have fun!

I've worn white jeans to evening parties during summer.

Make sure that you jeans are well-cut and fitted. White jeans are unforgiving a a cheap cuts looks exactly that, cheap.

I also recommend a thicker material with a hint of stretch.

White jeans can look just as dressed up with the right accessories. I would pair them with a silk top, perhaps a silk scarf as a halter top and a discreet amount of bling.

And yes to heels! A total must!

And if you are planning to show some skin, be sure to get your skin glowing and pretty! :smile:

^I agree. Mine are trouser cut and a nice heavy weight w/ a lot of stretch so they maintained their shape really well.
Mine are from 2 seasons agree from White House Black Market - love those jeans!

I have white jeans and they look more like white pants. I wear them with high heel sandals or pumps and they look very put together.
usually wear black/silver top, or gray sweater (it's dressy off the shoulder fitted number).

i wouldn't wear bright tops just yet, only when it's very hot during summer time.