Can white jeans be worn for an evening out?

Mia2001

O.G.
Aug 30, 2007
Need help ASAP ladies, tonight by BF and I are going to dinner and then to see Seinfeld. I have no idea what to wear but was considering white jeans; is there a way to dress white jeans up so that they don't look so casual?? If not, what other options should I consider??

snibor

O.G.
Nov 12, 2006
If you live in a warm client, then I think white jeans paired with a pretty festive top is fine for evening. It doesn't sound like a real dressy occasion so I think its fine.

Here in the northeast/us, I would only do white jeans in the summer.

laurayuki

Rational Narcissist
Sep 11, 2008
i would not recommend wearing white jeans in general.....especially not for an evening out

sonya

Feb 23, 2006
I think it looks great, but it is more of a beach/resort look. Wear with a bright colored top (either billowy or sleek and fitted) and bold, bright jewelry. Metallic accessories.

But watch out because white jeans get dirty very easily!

I personally think lighter colors look great at night, they make you stand out in a room of little black dresses (especially for spring and summer).

Swanky

Admin
Admin
O.G.
Jan 12, 2006
yes! I wore them in Rome last year paired w/ black heels and a black and white silk top w/ big jewelry. As long as they aren't 'basic', I think they're great!

Mar 14, 2008
Orange County
i think white jeans are more than appropriate for a night out. to the opera, not so much, but to dinner and a show, yes! As long as it is paired with a heel I think they look just as classy as a regular jean. PLus you will stand out in a sea of blue!

shop2drop1

On a ball field
Sep 1, 2007
Land of OZ
I say wear them! White jeans can be dressed up for sure, cute top, heels, some fun jewelry. Plus I like wearing the upexpected. Not a lampshade on my head, but something that will stand out from the crowd. Have fun!

Stacee

Dec 17, 2009
You could keep it trendy and wear a light pink silk top - a pair of cream heels... very soft and feminine.

linpaddy

O.G.
Dec 26, 2007
I've worn white jeans to evening parties during summer.

Make sure that you jeans are well-cut and fitted. White jeans are unforgiving a a cheap cuts looks exactly that, cheap.

I also recommend a thicker material with a hint of stretch.

White jeans can look just as dressed up with the right accessories. I would pair them with a silk top, perhaps a silk scarf as a halter top and a discreet amount of bling.

And yes to heels! A total must!

And if you are planning to show some skin, be sure to get your skin glowing and pretty! :smile:

Swanky

Admin
Admin
O.G.
Jan 12, 2006
^I agree. Mine are trouser cut and a nice heavy weight w/ a lot of stretch so they maintained their shape really well.
Mine are from 2 seasons agree from White House Black Market - love those jeans!

katusha

O.G.
Feb 13, 2007
Texas
I have white jeans and they look more like white pants. I wear them with high heel sandals or pumps and they look very put together.
usually wear black/silver top, or gray sweater (it's dressy off the shoulder fitted number).

i wouldn't wear bright tops just yet, only when it's very hot during summer time.