Can we really trust My Poupette Sellers?

An MPRS had a fake Chloe listed recently. Nothing was done. Her response? "I never say it's a Chloe." No, but she says it's a Silverado. If that's not misleading, I don't know what is.

I didn't read the whole thread but have participated in the discussions about MP sellers before. I will say this: YOU have to be educated on bags you are buying. MP seller or not, YOU have to know the product and if you are not 100% sure, buy from boutiques. You can't rely on MP services completely. You can get their opinion and then take it from there. If a seller on eBay has MP logo inserted in their auction but only has 1 feedback and blurry pictures to go with it, that is a sure sign that he is NOT to be trusted. It's all common sense! Use it!:yes:

One time i was looking at Juicy sweats online and this seller was a MP seller , oh and her Juicy was definitely fake ! I clicked the MP link , she really was a MP seller . I couldn't believe it . I was mortified !

I just saw this post when searching the internet because I had a recent problem with MP. I was selling my wife's bag on ebay. We purchased it from the Chanel boutique in Orlando. I wanted MP to authenticate just so it would alleviate the doubts of some buyers. HOwever, MP claims my bag is a fake!!!!! Chanel told me that they would not authenticate but I was free to compare to the identical bag in the store. It is identical. Anyone else feel this may have happened. I have canceled my auction because I don't want someone to buy the bag, get MP to say its a fake, and then file a paypal fraud claim.

I just saw this post when searching the internet because I had a recent problem with MP. I was selling my wife's bag on ebay. We purchased it from the Chanel boutique in Orlando. I wanted MP to authenticate just so it would alleviate the doubts of some buyers. HOwever, MP claims my bag is a fake!!!!! Chanel told me that they would not authenticate but I was free to compare to the identical bag in the store. It is identical. Anyone else feel this may have happened. I have canceled my auction because I don't want someone to buy the bag, get MP to say its a fake, and then file a paypal fraud claim.

If you bought it at a Chanel boutique, I don't see why you even had to have My Poop-ette involved in the first place. They're not credible. Period.

I don't know you since you're new, but it would definitely help if you have the original receipts when you're selling.

If you bought it at a Chanel boutique, I don't see why you even had to have My Poop-ette involved in the first place.

it would definitely help if you have the original receipts when you're selling.

ITA. Tags, receipt from the boutique, care cards... All those things help. Also, lots of pictures taken by you to provide visual proof (or as close as you can get online) regarding the item's authenticity.

Well, here is one example of an MPRS selling a hideously fake Fendi Spy:

http://cgi.ebay.com/LRGE-FENDI-Zucc...9QQihZ006QQcategoryZ63852QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I reported it to my poupette. I never got a response back. The auction originally claimed that the seller was MPRS. I went to the my poupette website, and sure enough she was on there. I notice now the auction was "ended early due to an error in the listing" and no longer states that the seller is MPRS... so maybe they are doing something about it?

Designer-Babe is still on MP's list of recommended sellers, though.

From the My Poop-ette site where they SELL their book for $20:

Nowhere on the site does it even explain how or where they can claim to be authorities on this topic. Why, just because they've BOUGHT A LOT of bags??

I guess anyone nowadays can hang a shingle outside their front door and call themselves an expert at anything.

*** I've been toying with the idea of buying a pre-loved purse on ebay and have been guilty of posting a few Ebay listings to be authenticated... our very own tpf resident experts have been very helpful, and i am completely thankful...

... but like you said, does "buying a lot of bags" really make us experts?...

i guess the safest way is to just buy it from the boutique.. if it's too expensive, then maybe it's not meant to be... better that than paying an arm and a leg (your hard earned money!) for something that could potentially be fake :sad:

This really suck!
Good thing I don't jump on board right away after I see a My Poupette logo - in fact I would get hesitant...

I wanted to join too - but now I am pretty sure I wouldn't.