Can we add Loewe to the list of Premium Designers?

Wanted to chime in, I think it's a fantastic brand, however there aren't a lot of people on the forum in the know. It's really quite under the radar imo, but a lovely designer nonetheless.:smile:

Hi!
We add designers as we need to based on active discussions and volume of active threads. Unfortunately, there's very little chat here about Loewe. A search showed me it's around 50 topics ever on tPF.

This may sound silly but in the U S its a much lesser known brand. I almost think it’s a bag for connoisseurs , like delvaux. Everyone has the Chanel flap in every color, a birkin, kelly , Gucci Mormont ,100 lv canvas items Even ysl . I’m tired of them all, albeit all are lovely. I feel more European and sophisticated wearing Loewe and Delvaux and moynat, probably because so few (comparatively) know about them. Although It seems like every Asian woman on YouTube has Loewe Delvaux and moynat in their bag collections but I can’t understand the vids so the discussions are lost on me. I suppose I’m saying, maybe it Would be nice to have a few brands that not every woman has or wants, to remain under the radar in the US for a while longer to maintain its specialness. Live it up Loewe fans, it’s only a matter of time before they show up everywhere. Whoever the buyer was for Barney’s was a genius. He/she always seemed to pick up on the euro/Asian trends bef they hit the US.

@Wigglebean Totally agree. I have two Loewe drawstring hammocks and having to find reviews on them was a CHORE. I ended up watching a few reviews in Mandarin and Cantonese on YouTube, because luckily... I'm Chinese/Taiwanese. :biggrin: The brands you mentioned were on point - also noticed it with Roger Vivier... had a pair of pumps on and the only ones to notice were Asian women. :coolio:

Also interesting how certain styles are only popular in other countries too... was looking for reviews for the Givenchy GV3 and again could only find Asian reviews, this time only in Thai or Vietnamese... which I don't understand. Fashion is truly global! :smile:

I am just seeing this now and I am going to quote my own post of January last year in the Loewe thread which a few people supported and which Vlad was so kind to read and show interest in. Since then I feel the interest in Loewe is only growing. Since the beginning of this year, there are more than 200 new messages in that thread, with the Totoro collaboration raising more awareness and bringing in new clients.

I don't know how do you all, Loewe fans, feel about this, but I wanted to ask @Megs and @Vlad : what would it take to open a new premier designer forum?
I make my case for Loewe:

- It is a brand that is very hot right now, with a genius creative director who seems very committed to the house, gorgeous collections every season, and an ever growing following among celebrities, influencers, and fashion people in general. Nevertheless, it is also very successful with 'normal' people (at least where I live, I see more puzzles than BV pouches or saddle bags).

- It has also become increasingly available for purchase worldwide (which didn't use to be the case when this thread started).

- Despite it being very now, and unlike some handbag brands that had a high and then dwindled (also in forum popularity, looking at you Proenza Schuler), it is a heritage leather goods company, with a rich history since its foundation in 1846 and which has never altogether given up its strong identity as THE top made-in-Spain luxury brand.

- It boasts a number of iconic bags spanning decades: the Amazona, the Flamenco, the Barcelona, the Gate, the Puzzle, the Hammock, the Loewe basket...

- This thread is over 200 pages.

- In addition, I have counted at least 95 (!) threads open on Loewe topics.

- A separate Loewe forum would encourage even more traffic on the brand, keep the information organized and accessible, promote separate discussions on the different models, and allow going more in depth into the history of the brand, etc... (I am happy to contribute, my first bag as a teenager was a Loewe and that was in... 1983 I believe!)

- As a comparison, only this thread had 50+ messages during this January. Compare with 4 messages in the Tod's forum, 19 in PS and in Ferragamo, or 21 in MiuMiu (15 of which from one single person posting their collection).