I agree...there has been quite a resurgence of Loewe because of their puzzle bag...I have one by the way...calling all Loewe lovers. Time to make this happen.Loewe has been around for so long and they are getting more popular these days! They can neither be found on premier or contemporary
I don't know how do you all, Loewe fans, feel about this, but I wanted to ask @Megs and @Vlad : what would it take to open a new premier designer forum?
I make my case for Loewe:
- It is a brand that is very hot right now, with a genius creative director who seems very committed to the house, gorgeous collections every season, and an ever growing following among celebrities, influencers, and fashion people in general. Nevertheless, it is also very successful with 'normal' people (at least where I live, I see more puzzles than BV pouches or saddle bags).
- It has also become increasingly available for purchase worldwide (which didn't use to be the case when this thread started).
- Despite it being very now, and unlike some handbag brands that had a high and then dwindled (also in forum popularity, looking at you Proenza Schuler), it is a heritage leather goods company, with a rich history since its foundation in 1846 and which has never altogether given up its strong identity as THE top made-in-Spain luxury brand.
- It boasts a number of iconic bags spanning decades: the Amazona, the Flamenco, the Barcelona, the Gate, the Puzzle, the Hammock, the Loewe basket...
- This thread is over 200 pages.
- In addition, I have counted at least 95 (!) threads open on Loewe topics.
- A separate Loewe forum would encourage even more traffic on the brand, keep the information organized and accessible, promote separate discussions on the different models, and allow going more in depth into the history of the brand, etc... (I am happy to contribute, my first bag as a teenager was a Loewe and that was in... 1983 I believe!)
- As a comparison, only this thread had 50+ messages during this January. Compare with 4 messages in the Tod's forum, 19 in PS and in Ferragamo, or 21 in MiuMiu (15 of which from one single person posting their collection).