can u cancel a special order?

ChloeSS

O.G.
Feb 4, 2006
If you placed a special custom order, can it be cancelled before the bag arrive? or u r commited to purchase it? and can you alter the size or details or color before the bag has been made?

thanks all!

If you placed a special custom order, can it be cancelled before the bag arrive? or u r commited to purchase it? and can you alter the size or details or color before the bag has been made?

thanks all!

You can't cancel it before it arrives. But once it does arrive, you can take a look at it and decide not to take it after all. My local store didnt seem to mind (especially if its a birkin) since they could easily sell to someone else.

You can change the specs if they haven't started making it yet.

Seton

thanks for your reply does that including the special order like i choose a special color for the interior and handle color?

cos i was told from the store that my order cannot be cancelled or alter but i've waited for almost 1.5 yrs and i think they havent even started it yet..

thats why i want to confirm am i commited to purchase the bag at all.

well then, I would go by what your store says. We live in two different countries, after all and H policy is not uniform worldwide.

I have personally have changed my SO after about 4 months in the past. Yeah, the type with special color interior. However, I wouldn't personally try to change it after 1.5 yrs

you need to be careful how you handle it though. if they did you a favor in getting somthing very special pushed through--you amde not have another chance. if its a balck box birkin that they can easily sell and it was a SO/Podium order well thats a bit less troublesome to them

i see. i will need to see how i handle the case. cos due to the situation change , i might not able to afford / or i might not need that birkin anymore as i got something very similar.

i want to cancel it if it has not been made or i dont mind to change the size or color so i have something different. but getting another almost the same birkin.. it means i might have to sell my current one.. = lose money and pay extra for new one as the price increased.. not sure is it worth and how to work it out.

I agree with Hermesaholic. I am waiting on my orders and have been careful not to duplicate until they come in. I can tell you that I will not place orders again in the future, unless it is for something VERY VERY unique. It's just too painful to wait...and I would never not take something I ordered. While I know it would be ok, I personally would not advise denying an SO that you yourself ordered. Most SAs will tell you the same. Nobody is going to make you purchase something that you don't want. However, be very cognizant of your past actions when you hope to order again in the future. I am not saying that you will damage your ability to place orders in the future. It all depends on your personal relationship with the store. I have gotten some lovely things from people saying no to their SOs!! :graucho: Things happen in life and H is not life! If your circumstances change, obviously you will adjust to accomodate those changes.

I agree with Hermesaholic. I am waiting on my orders and have been careful not to duplicate until they come in. I can tell you that I will not place orders again in the future, unless it is for something VERY VERY unique. It's just too painful to wait...and I would never not take something I ordered. While I know it would be ok, I personally would not advise denying an SO that you yourself ordered. Most SAs will tell you the same. Nobody is going to make you purchase something that you don't want. However, be very cognizant of your past actions when you hope to order again in the future. I am not saying that you will damage your ability to place orders in the future. It all depends on your personal relationship with the store. I have gotten some lovely things from people saying no to their SOs!! :graucho: Things happen in life and H is not life! If your circumstances change, obviously you will adjust to accomodate those changes.

Amen! :tup:

My thoughts exactly, monkey. And you say much better than I possibly can.

My personal experience is that you can possibly cancel a po with goodwill intact if done right, but an so should be regarded as an advanced purchase ie. Already bought but payment deferred. I take it you mean an order where you chose your colors and applied them on a birkin sketch, which must be approved by paris.

My personal experience is that you can possibly cancel a po with goodwill intact if done right, but an so should be regarded as an advanced purchase ie. Already bought but payment deferred. I take it you mean an order where you chose your colors and applied them on a birkin sketch, which must be approved by paris.

This is very true. :yes: