Can this vintage kelly be revived?

hermesgeek

May 3, 2020
Hello loves,

I’m eyeing this vintage kelly because of the leather and color combination. I’ve wanted this color in box and I can’t believe I’ve come across it. Problem is, it’s in really bad condition. I was wondering if this type of wear and damage can’t still be revived by the H spa?

If you have any experiences or stories on box leather with this condition, I’d love to hear them! Thanks and be safe!

XOXO,
HermèsGeek

DEA640D0-E3C2-4061-95C6-6DACAC72DD25.jpeg

You can try asking at this thread:

• Love
Reactions: 880 and hermesgeek
You can try asking at this thread:

Reactions: hermesgeek
I was thinking this too. However, with the price it’s at makes me want to consider it. I was thinking a little touch up and it could be my beat up kelly! Haha
I really really wouldn’t if I were you. That’s a really big crack running down the back of it, never mind the top flap or what the side panels may look like. I bought a Kelly in poor condition a few years ago. Spent almost as much again having it repaired. Then when I realised it had so many cracks I was too scared to use it so sold it at quite a loss.

I found a Marine Box Kelly 28 from 1981 for USD 3.3k and the entire bag was pristine, the body was mirror smooth with no scratches, except for a handle which was dry and had micro cracks. Paris basically conditioned it and said I could replace the handle anytime but it was not necessary as it certainly was not structurally compromised. I use a Twilly on the handle, it’s almost as good as new and completely not a beater bag. Let us know your decision.

My best friend bought a vintage Kelly in Paris last year and took it to her local H to get it repaired. It took several months but the bag looks amazing! The pics you posted are pretty rough. I would pass on this particular bag but know that you can find one in better condition that you can get spa'd like like-new contidtion!

Reactions: hermesgeek